Chapter 26

It was a Saturday and you and Luke had managed to finally finish unpacking everything and he had the brilliant idea to have a housewarming party today. Was it called a housewarming party if it wasn't a house that you lived in? Who knows. That's what Luke's been calling it, and so far you have been calling it that too.

"It's starts at 2 o'clock." Luke reminds you as he lets the catering company bring food into the apartment.

"I know." You sigh. It was currently 1:30 and you have done nothing to get ready. You had been so exhausted from unpacking these past few days and you weren't in the partying mood. You only agreed to it to make Luke happy.

You walk to the bathroom and brush your teeth and brush your hair. You put a little makeup on and then braided your hair. You didn't care enough to make it look neat or pretty. You walked to your room and put on some nice clothes. You finish and look at the time. It was 1:56 pm. You had still managed to finish getting ready on time.

You walk out to the living room and sit on the couch. Luke walks over to you and sits next to you. "Are you okay? You don't seem like yourself."

"I'm just so tired from all this moving and unpacking stuff but I'll be fine." You smile.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's to late to cancel the party but we can always end it early." He says.

"What time is it over?" You ask.

"I don't know, probably like 7 o'clock I think I told people." He says.

"I'll be fine until then." You tell him.

"Okay, if not, let me know." He says.

"I will." You smile as people start to arrive.

You smile as you see Brittany and Sabrina walk into the apartment. You stand up and go to greet them.

"Hey guys." You smile at them.

"Hi." They smile back.

"How's the new apartment?" Brittany asks.

"Good. How's the old apartment?" You ask.

"Boring without you." She sighs.

"I bet. I'm always the life of the party." You joke.

"Yeah, sure." Brittany laughs. "You and your lame ass are not the life of any party ever."

"Yeah, you're right." You laugh.

She smiles and they walk off to grab a drink. Before you realize, your apartment is full of people. In one corner you see Ashton and Sadie making out, they were already pretty drunk, and in the other corner you see Calum and Rachel talking and laughing. You were happy to see your friends finally happy and in love. You trusted Calum and Ashton with them. You look around and wonder where your blonde penguin went. You walk around the apartment to look for him and spot him in the kitchen talking with a lady that looks familiar, but you don't think you've ever met. Luke's eyes meet yours and he waves you over. You walk over to him and he smiles.

"Kaitlyn, this is my mom, Liz. Mom, this is Kaitlyn." He says introducing the two of you.

You swallow and stare at her as she smiles at you. Nerves took over your body all of the sudden and you felt like you couldn't talk or move.

"So you're the young lady that my son won't ever stop talking about." She smiles as she looks at you. "It's very nice to meet you."