Chapter 10

It was Thursday morning and Luke was leaving for California tomorrow. You wanted to make today one that he won't forget. You wanted him to remember this for his whole trip to California. He gave you a penguin to remember him so you wanted to give him something to remember you too but you couldn't think of anything so you thought memories would work out good.

You get dressed for the day and then you brush your hair and teeth. You applied some make up and then finished up with everything else you need to do in the bathroom. You make sure you have your penguin necklace on as you walk back into your room. You go and put shoes on and then check your phone. You didn't know what time Luke was coming so you woke up early so you'd be ready for any time that he came.

You both decided to plan two things each and you were still thinking about what to do. You were thinking about the movies but you didn't know if there were any movies out that he would want to see. You were also scared about if you two accidentally planned the same thing.

You finally came to the conclusion that you would go to the movies and let him pick out the movie to watch and then a nice walk around Central Park. It was really nice out today so it would be the perfect thing to do. You always wanted to see the statues there and now you could with Luke.

As Luke got ready for the day, he also thought about what to do. He was stuck. It honestly didn't matter to him what you guys did, as long as he gets to spend time with you. You had him wrapped around his finger and he didn't regret it one bit. He was whipped. He would do anything you asked him to do. He wasn't really like this with any of his ex girlfriends.

His plans for today were to go to a karaoke night and a picnic in the park. He packed up some drinks and sandwiches in a small cooler and texted you.

Luke: 'Hey.'

Kaitlyn: 'Hey.'

Luke: 'When do you think you'll be ready?'

Kaitlyn: 'I'm ready whenever you are.'

Luke: 'Okay, I'll leave now and I'll be at your apartment soon.'

Kaitlyn: 'Okay, sounds good. See you then.'

He puts his phone down and grabs his things and walks out to his car. He puts his cooler in the trunk then he gets in and buckles and drives to your apartment. He gets there soon and parks.

Luke: 'Hey, I'm outside. There were no spots this time so I'm illegally parked, can't leave my car to go in and get you.'

Kaitlyn: 'It's fine, I'll be out in a sec.'

He waits as you grab your things and walk out of your apartment. He unlocks the doors when you walk out to his car and get in.

"Hey." He says kissing your cheek.

"Hi." You smile.

"So what did you plan to do today?" He asks as he starts to drive.

"I was thinking we can go to the movies and walk around Central Park." You tell him.

"That's crazy, I planned to have a picnic in the park. I also planned to do a karaoke night." He says.

"Should we go to the park and walk around then find a place to eat lunch first?" You ask.

"Yes." He says and drives to Central Park.

Luke was secretly excited to go to California. He was scared you would be mad if he said that but it was true. All of his friends were there and they had at least two or three free days to catch up with their friends. He didn't want to leave you but sadly he had too. That was the one part he wasn't looking forward too.