Chapter 21

You woke up the next morning with a huge smile on your face. Last night was the best night ever. You look down at your promise ring and smile wider. You couldn't believe Luke have that to you. It was gorgeous. You didn't mind that he gave it to you after only one year. Besides the penguin necklace that was around your neck, it was your favorite piece of jewelry. Nothing would ever beat those two things. Well, maybe an engagement ring. If he was this good at picking out promise rings, you couldn't wait until the future when he gets the engagement ring.

You feel Luke stir besides you and you look over at him and smile. He rubs his eyes and looks at you. "Morning babe."

"Morning love." You smile, trying out a new nickname.

He had cute nicknames for you so you figured that you would try some new ones for him. You weren't sure which ones you liked yet but you were going to find one.

"Love?" He questions.

"I'm trying new things out, leave me alone." You laugh.

He raises his hands in surrender and laughs. "Okay, okay."

You smile and kiss his cheek. "I had fun last night."

"Me too." He smiles. "One of the best nights ever."

You smile and go to the bathroom. You get ready for the day and pack all your bathroom stuff up when your done in there. You get dressed after while Luke did what he had to do in the bathroom. You both finish packing after a while and bring your stuff out to the car. You sit in the car and wait while Luke goes and checks out. You play around with the radio and find a song that you like soon. You hum along to it and wait for Luke.

He gets in the car soon and you guys drive back to the city. "Do you have work today?"

"No." You answer. "I took off this weekend for this."

"Okay cool. We still hanging out when we get back to the city?" He asks.

"Of course." You say.

He smiles and drives. You smile back and look around. You were happy you were going to spend more time together. You hated being away from him.

"Want to walk the Brooklyn Bridge?" He asks.

"Sure." You smile.

He smiles back. "We'll go back to your apartment first and you can drop your stuff off."

"Sounds good." You say.

"Feels good." He jokes.

You shake your head and smile. He always made jokes about his band's things and you always found them funny. You loved his jokes. You could listen to them all day.

You guys get back to your apartment and he helps you bring your bag in. "Do you want to change or whatever while I go back to my place quickly?" He asks.

"Sure." You smile.

"Okay." He says putting your bag into your apartment. "I'll see you soon."

"See you then." You smile.

He kisses your cheek and then leaves the apartment.

You go unpack your clothes and put them in your hamper. You made a mental note to do laundry later because you haven't done it in a while and the hamper was overflowing. You changed into nicer looking clothes and fixed your hair and put some makeup on. You put comfy walking shoes on and put your phone on charge. You went into the living room and saw Brittany.

"Hey." You say.

"Hi. How was Long Island?" She asks.

"Good." You smile.

"Any changes there?" She asks.

"No, still the exact same." You say.

"What did you guys do?" She asks.

"We went to Jones Beach and had a picnic and then went back to the hotel and had some fun." You say.

"That's romantic." She smiles.

You nod and smile back. "I had a lot of fun. I love going back home. Showing Luke around makes me happy. It's like my childhood meeting my future." You say. "You should bring Sabrina there."

"Maybe." She smiles. "Then my parents would want to meet her though and I don't want to put her through that."

"Honestly, mood." You laugh. "I mean he met my parents though, I haven't met his family and I'm so nervous for that day to come."

"I don't blame you." She says. "Are you home for the day?"

"No, I'm going back out. Why?" You ask.

She pouts. "I miss you. I haven't hung out with you in forever."

"How about tomorrow night we have a double date?" You ask.

"Sure. I'd love that." She smiles. "I'll ask Sabrina right now."

"Okay." You smile as she takes her phone out. You watch as she texts and you both wait for a reply.

"She's in." She says after a few minutes.

"Okay." You smile. "I'm excited."

"Me too." She says. "Do you need to ask Luke first or will he just agree to it?"

"I'm sure he won't mind." You say.

Luke was very easygoing and you loved that about him. He never had a problem with anything you suggested. Even if he secretly hated it, he wouldn't have told you.

You go answer the door when you hear a knock and open it. Luke smiles and says hi to Brittany when he sees her behind you.

"How do you feel about a double date tomorrow night?" You ask him.

"I'm down." He smiles. "I can't wait to meet Sabrina. I've heard a lot about her."

"She is excited to meet you too." She smiles.

They talk for a little while longer and then you guys leave.

"Brittany is so sweet." He smiles.

"I know, I love her." You smile.

He smiles and you guys take a taxi to the Brooklyn Bridge area. You pay the driver and then get out. You both walk to the bridge and start to walk across this.

"It's beautiful." You smile looking at the water and the reflection of the buildings on it.

"It is." He smiles. "But not as beautiful as you."

You blush and smile. "I love you."

"I love you more." He smiles.

You guys walk across the bridge and then back over it and decide to get to food. You find a cute little restaurant and go there. You both get a table and sit down and look at the menu.

"There's so many good options, I don't know what to get." He says.

"I know, I'm having the same problem." You say.

You guys finally decide on what to get before the server comes over and takes your drink order and food order. They walk away soon and you and Luke joke around and talk until the food comes out.

You both eat and then pay the check. You go back to your apartment and both lay down in bed.

"My feet hurt." You complain as you lay down on your bed.

He sits on the bed and takes your shoes off before rubbing your feet.

"That feels amazing." You smile.

"I'm glad." He smiles.

You both go to sleep soon after kissing goodnight.