Chapter 25

You stand on the sidewalk and watch Luke pull up in the moving truck. You watch as he struggles to park. Brittany, Sadie, Ashton and Rachel all laugh at him as him and Calum get out of the truck.

"Are you sure you know how to drive it?" You ask him.

"I mean, I got it here in one piece didn't I?" He asks.

You nod. "Barely."

"It's fine. I got this, trust me." He says.

"Okay.." You say, unsure.

He smiles and kisses your head before turning to Calum. "Stand out here and make sure no one steals the truck or anything from the truck."

"Aye, aye captain." He says, opening the back of the truck, which was already halfway filled with Luke's items.

You guys had recently went furniture shopping and picked out a bed frame and mattress, a couch, a table and chair set, a tv, a tv stand and other necessary furniture needed. Luke and the boys had spent the whole day putting all of those things together yesterday. Hopefully they did a good job. You didn't want it to be put together wrong and have it break. That would be the worst.

You, Luke, Sadie, Brittany and Ashton all went upstairs and started bringing your boxes and suitcases out to the truck. Rachel stayed with Calum to help out Luke's things in better so your stuff could fit too. It was also just easier to hand them boxes to pile in there so you can just walk away to get more.

It takes about two hours, with multiple breaks because you were all lazy after a while, before the truck was fully loaded. You looked around your empty room in the apartment and sighed. You were really going to miss this place. All your friends were here, and you had some of the best memories here. Whether it was because you were having pizza parties and watching movies, or crying while extremely stressed out from school work, you knew that you would always remember this place and all of the memories that came from it. It was definitely something to tell the grandkids in the future.

"Ready to go?" Luke asks, leaning against the door frame after you examine the empty room one last time.

"Yeah." You sigh.

He walks over to you and rubs your back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was just reliving memories real quick." You tell him. "This was my first place away from home. It's a little harder than I thought it would be to leave."

"Understandable." He says.

You sigh and turn and walk to the door. You had to leave before you started to cry. Luke followed closely behind you and you walked out of the apartment.

"I'll meet you at the apartment?" You ask as you get outside.

Him and Calum were going to drive the truck there and Ashton was going to drive the rest of you in the rental car.

"Yes." He says and kisses your lips.

You smile and walk to the car. He gets in the truck and waves at you before driving away. You smile and get in the back seat next to Brittany who was shoved in the middle of you and Rachel.

Ashton starts to drive and stare out the window at cars and people passing by. There was a comfortable silence in the car. He had music on, but it was low and you couldn't really make out what it was.

"Oh, before I forget." You say, before taking out your key to the apartment and handing it to them.

"Keep it." Rachel says.

"Won't you want to give it to the new roommate?" You ask.

"Nah, we'd rather you have it. We can always make them a copy if we find someone." She says. "Plus that just means that you have no excuses to not visit us."

You laugh, "Of course I'll be visiting you."

"Good, you better." Her and Brittany say at the same time.

You smile and unbuckle when you guys get to the new apartment. You all get out and walk to the truck as Luke opens the back of it.

You guys start grabbing boxes and take them inside. Rachel and Calum stayed outside again so they can hand you boxes.

After a while you guys have everything inside and Luke orders pizza's to celebrate. The pizza comes soon and you all sit down around the apartment and eat some slices.

"This pizza is amazing." Calum says. "I'd marry it."

"Take a chill pill Cal, I don't want to be jealous of pizza." Rachel jokes.

Everyone laughs and finishes eating soon. You and Luke thank them all for helping and they leave.

"We should start unpacking." You yawn.

"We can always do it tomorrow if your too tired to do it tonight." He says.

"No, I'm fine to do some. It's still early anyway." You say.

"Okay, what should we start with?" He asks.

You think. "Maybe clothes and bathroom stuff then move into the kitchen if we don't get tired after that?"

"Sounds good." He says, and grabs some of the boxes that are labeled 'clothes'.

Luckily, you had the idea to bring hangers with you that you haven't used before. You guys didn't think to buy any and when you lived in the other apartment, you barely used your closet. You just stuck everything in your dresser besides dresses. You only really had a few dresses.

You take the packs of hangers out and start to put your clothes on them. As you do this, you notice Luke put sheets and blankets on the bed and then open new pillows and put pillowcases on them. You smile and wonder how you got so lucky.

You both finish hanging your clothes up and putting them in your dressers before you move onto the bathroom stuff. He went to work on the kitchen so things would get done faster.

You put some of his stuff in the draws on one side and put some of your stuff on the other side. Each side of the sink had 3 draws. You put your stuff in the ones closer to the toilet so when you got your period, which you did get like five days after you took the tests and went to the doctor, it would be easier to grab a pad and put it on.

You put bigger stuff on the shelves behind the mirror. You hung up a shower curtain and put toilet paper on the roll holder. You folded towels and put them away in a small closet you had next to the bathroom.

You yawned and finished the bathroom soon. You walked to your bedroom and saw Luke lying on the bed. He looks up at you as you walk into the room and bites his lip. "I got tired of unpacking quickly... I only managed to put the silverware, some cups and mugs and plates away."

"It's okay." You say. "We have all day tomorrow to unpack."

He nods and smirks. "I think we should break in our new bed."

You bite your lip. "I'm down."

He smiles and pulls you down on top of him and kisses your lips.

This was going to be a great first night in the new apartment.