Chapter 31

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Brittany asks as she drops you off at the airport.

"Yes. I need to talk to him." You say.

"What if it doesn't work out the way you want it to?" She asks.

"Then I'll continue to be single, but I just need to get this off of my chest." You explain.

"Okay. Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" She asks.

"I'm sure. Thank you though. I need to do this on my own." You say.

"Okay, stay safe. Text me when you land." She says.

"I will." You say before rushing into the airport.

You walk through security and all that stuff before walking to the gate. Luckily the flight was going to leave soon so you didn't have to wait that long.

Before you knew it, you were on the plane and looking around. You observed everything around you while you waited for the plane to take off.

You smile at the guy who sat down next to you. He looked about your age. He smiled back.

"Are you going to LA to chase your dreams just like most of these teens on the flight?" He asks you.

"Something like that." You say. Technically you were, your dream was to be with Luke again. You didn't care about fame and fortune like all the teenagers on the plane.

He smiles. "I'm James."

"Kaitlyn." You say and shake his hand.

"So what is your dream?" He asks.

"To get back together with my ex boyfriend." You say.

"Oof. That's a tough." He says.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"Well I mean, he's an ex for a reason. Why would you want to revisit the past by getting back together with him?" He asks.

"Because he's the love of my life. He came here to start touring but we got into a fight before he left and I didn't get to say goodbye." You say.

"Touring?" He asks.

"Yeah he's in a band." You say.

"Are they big?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm sure you've heard of them before." You say.

"What band?" He asks.

"5 Seconds Of Summer." You tell him.

He thinks. "I've never heard of them."

"Really? You've never heard of Youngblood or She Looks So Perfect?" You ask.

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell." He says.

You nod. "Well they are known as the biggest band that no one has ever heard of."

"They brag about that?" He asks.

"No, that's just what their record label says about them." You say.

"That's weird." He laughs.

"Yeah," You laugh. "You should check them out though, they're amazing."

"Maybe." He smiles. "Which one is your ex?"

"His name is Luke Hemmings." You tell him.

He nods. "Be careful that Mr. Rockstar doesn't break your heart again. All celebrities are assholes."

"Luke's not like that." You say.

"They never start off that way, but they'll end up like that once they let fame change them." He says.

You smile awkwardly, not knowing what to say and stay silent.

After a while you land and get off the plane. You get your bag from the baggage claim and sit down on a bench. You take out your phone and scroll through your old texts with Luke to find out where he and the band would be. He had sent you their first week of touring schedule and where they would be staying. You looked at the time. It was 5 pm and they had arrived here two days ago. They were probably rehearsing.

You took a cab to the place Luke said they would be rehearsing and got out once you arrived. You got your bag and walked over to the building. You noticed a bunch of security surrounding the door and a few fans standing outside of the building. They had to be here.

You notice Gary standing there and walk up to him. "Hi Gary."

"Kaitlyn, what are you doing here?" He asks.

"I came to talk to Luke. I take it they're here because of all the girls outside?" You ask.

He nods and opens the door. "I'll bring you to them."

"Thank you." You smile before walking inside.

He leads you to the room and stops you before you can touch the door knob.

"Wait." He says.

"Yes?" You ask.

"I don't know what happened between the two of you, but he's miserable. I'm guessing you came to make up with him. I know he'll take you back, he's crazy about you. He loves you more than he's ever loved his exes. I've been with them since day one. You make him extremely happy. You're good for him and I missed having you around." He says.

"Aww Gary, I missed you too." You smile and hug him.

He chuckles. "Okay, okay. Go get your man."

You smile and thank him again.

You walk into the room and the boys all look at you.

"Kaitlyn? What are you doing here?" Luke asks standing up.

"Before you say anything else, please hear me out." You say to him.

The rest of the boys take that as the cue to leave the room and slowly walk out.

He nods once their gone and stays silent as you start again.

"Look, I'm really sorry for freaking out on you. I love you with my whole heart and I don't know what came over me. I know that's not an excuse but I really am sorry. I'm sorry that I embarrassed you in front of your family especially. I know your mom is probably really happy that we broke up but I'm not. I miss you a lot and I don't want to live without you. I know we haven't been together for that long but I want to spend forever with you. Maybe you don't feel the same way, and that's okay. I'll go home and leave you alone forever if that's what you want. I just needed to get this off my chest before I lost you forever. I really love you Luke. I've never felt this way before with any other guy. I love you more than anything else in this world." You say, spilling out your feelings to him.

He stays silent for a few seconds, soaking in everything you just said and making sure you were finished. "Are you done?"

You nod and bite your lip.

"Well, I love you more than you could ever imagine and I would love it if you would be my girlfriend again. I really don't want to lose you again either." He says.

You smile and run into his arms and kiss him. He kisses back and smiles into the kiss.

Luke was finally yours again, and this time, you really hoped you two would stay together.