Chapter 16

Time was flying by fast this summer and before you knew it, it was the night before Luke's birthday. Everything was all set for the party tomorrow and you had his present all nice and wrapped. You and the boys made up the plan that you would hang out with him until 5 and then tell him you planned a romantic dinner for just you and him and then you'd bring him to the surprise party. You hoped it was going to work.

You could barely sleep at all that night. You were worrying that something was going to go wrong and you might accidentally slip up and tell him about the party. You always had bad anxiety when it came to stuff like this. You gave up trying to sleep when the sun started coming up.

This had been one of the only nights in a while that you weren't sleeping next to Luke. You missed him. You missed being wrapped up in his arms. He always calmed your nerves and made anxiety vanish for a while.

You lay in bed all day watching Netflix and texting Luke until it was 2 pm. You started getting ready to hang out with Luke. He was going to pick you up at 3. You wanted to look pretty for tonight but you also feared that if you got too dressed up, he would know something was happening. You could always tell him to dress nice for dinner.

You put a nice dress on and some flats. If he asks why you could just say you wanted to look pretty for him on his birthday. Plus you've worn dresses while with him before and he never questioned it.

You still had to think about what to do before the party. You couldn't think of anything and the boys were no help. They said to pick anything. Maybe you could just let Luke decide. It is his birthday after all.

You finish getting ready and walk out of your room to find Sadie in huge t-shirt rushing Ashton out of her room as if she doesn't want him to be seen.

You watch as she pushes him to the door and you finally speak up. "Have fun last night?"

They both turn to look at you like a deer in headlights.

"Are you guys dating?" You ask.

They look at each other before looking back at you. "Yes."

"Aww really? Since when?" You ask.

"Since we woke up this morning and he asked me." She smiles, looking at Ashton.

Ashton smiles back and places a kiss on her lips.

"I ship it." You smile.

"Good." They say at the same time.

"See you guys later?" Ashton asks.

We both nod and he opens the door and comes face to face with Luke.

"Ashton?" Luke asks confused.

"Oh hey Luke..." He says.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asks.

"Oh I uh.. I've been seeing Sadie. She was my personal trainer at the gym I go too and then I asked her out and now we're dating." He lies, as he introduces Sadie to Luke.

"Ohh cool." He smiles. "It's nice to meet you." He says to Sadie.

"It's nice to meet you too." She smiles back.

Ashton makes up an excuse to leave and Sadie goes back to her room soon and you smile at Luke.

"Happy birthday Penguin." You smile.

He grabs you by the hips and pulls you closer to him. You wrap your arms around his neck and he keeps his arms on your hips and kisses you. You smile into the kiss and he does too before he pulls away and rests his forehead on yours. "Thank you my little tomato."

"I'm not sunburnt anymore." You point out.

"Doesn't matter, that nickname with never go away." He smiles.

"I mean, I'm fine with that." You smile. "I love it."

"And I love you." He smiles.

After a while of you two just walking and goofing around NYC, you lead him to the Rooftop Lounge. You guys walked up there and everyone yelled surprise. The look on Luke's face was priceless and you couldn't help but laugh. He seemed confused and scared at the same time but it all quickly faded and he smiled widely.

You let Luke talk to all his friends that he hasn't seen in a while and you walk over to your roommates.

"Hey." You smile at them.

"Hey." They smile back.

"How was it before we got here?" You ask.

"I mean, fun but boring because Luke wasn't here so there wasn't really anything to celebrate. The music couldn't be played or anything so it was like that awkward part at a wedding where the reception is about to start but it hasn't yet." Rachel says.

You nod. "Glad I was with Luke."

They nod and you feel someone grab your arm. You turn around and come to find it's Calum.

"Kaitlyn, we have a-" He cuts himself off the second he lays eyes on Rachel.

She smiles at him and bites her lip. "Hi."

He smiles back. "Hi, I'm Calum."

"I'm Rachel, Kaitlyn's other roommate." She says.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asks.

"I'd love that." She says walking over to him.

They go to walk away but you stop him. "Calum, what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh, just that Sierra is here. I just wanted to warn you." He says.

"Okay, thank you." You say.

He nods and they walk off together.

You sigh and turn back to Brittany and Sadie. "I'm going to go find Luke."

"Okay." They smile.

You walk off and look for the tall blonde boy that you love. When you see him, you smile. Sierra isn't anywhere near him. You didn't want to interrupt his time with his friends so you decided to watch him from a far. That's when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You turn around and Sierra smiles at you. "So your his new fascination."

"And your his old one." You say.

"For now." She shrugs. "I know he misses me."

"How can you be so sure?" You ask.

"Because she told me after he fucked me good and hard multiple times in one night when he was in LA." She tells you with a smirk.

(Part 1 of 2)