two ; home

I WAS NOW AT THE AIRPORT, walking away from my private jet that landed a minute ago from America

I wore my sunglasses and went through the procedures, walking to the limo that was waiting for me.

"Great to see you again (Y/n)." Shu smiled.

"Same here. How's everyone?" I asked.

"Fine. Naomi's at the mansion, wanna go see her?" I nodded my head eagerly. We both then got in the limousine and Shu started making our way to the mansion.

I took out my phone, scrolling through my messages before pressing on one. I began typing away, informing my friends that I was back in Japan.

Everyone was elated to hear that and said that they were attending the same school as me. I smiled, happy at that very fact. I kept my phone back in my pocket and looked out the window.

Papa had to stay in America since his main branch for his work was there. I had to live alone but I didn't mind it since I got to be free.

Shu was my cousin, the oldest one in fact. He and I have been very close ever since the incident that happened 5 years ago.

I remember that I used to play with a boy named Ushijima Wakatoshi at the park. I admit...I had feelings for him when I was younger.

[FLASHBACK]

"Ushi!" I giggled as I hugged him from behind. He turned around and lifted me from the ground, causing me to gasp. He smiled at me and put me down on the ground.

He's only a year older than me but he can carry me as if I don't weigh anything.

"Do you want to play volleyball (Y/n)?" He asked as he grabbed the volleyball that was on the bench next to him.

I nodded my head and he took my hand, leading me to the backyard in my mansion. We separated and started playing. I felt heat rush up to my cheeks whenever he held my hand.

Every moment I spent with Ushi was precious and I started liking him. But I'm sad since he won't like me back.

Time flew by quickly and before I knew it, Ushi had to go back home. He walked up to me and ruffled my hair and then left, leaving me a little dazed.

I giggled before heading back inside. I saw Papa and Mama together on the couch, watching some show. I laughed and jumped onto Papa.

"Ow, (Y/n)!" Papa groaned, causing me to let out a smile.

Mama smiled and kissed my cheek, "What is it, princess?"

"Nothing!" I exclaimed and got comfortable in between them.

"All right sweetheart," Mama said and all three of us enjoyed the show.

[FLASHBACK END]

Papa had enrolled me to Shiratorizawa since that was his high school. After a few minutes, the car door opened and I saw it was Naomi who did it. My eyes widened and I quickly hugged her. It had been a long time since I last saw her. Naomi was my friend and was the heir of Lovelyz's Perfume. She was like my sister and by that it was obvious she was close to Shu and I.

She might even like him since she always got flustered around Shu. It was fun teasing her about it.

"(Y/n)! It's been so long since I last saw you! How are you?!" She kept shaking me once I released the hug.

"Calm down Naomi. The poor girl's about to pass out." Shu appeared behind me and swiftly grabbed Naomi's hand.

"Am I missing something here?" I pointed to their intertwined hands once I escaped from Naomi's grasp.

"Oh, we're together," Shu said while scratching the back of his neck. I smiled and hugged the two of them.

"You finally confessed. And to think I was worried that you'd die alone." I stated. He clicked his tongue while glaring at me.

Naomi laughed as we headed inside the mansion. It was then that she told me how he had confessed when they were 14. Shu was a stuttering mess and spoke gibberish at some point.

"Well, that was one way of confessing," I stated while Shu looked away in embarrassment.

"So, (Y/n). Are you joining the girls' volleyball team? I'm the manager there!" Naomi asked while grabbing my hands.

"Of course I'm joining. It's my passion after all." I grinned.

"I heard that you received the Most Valuable Player Award at America and won the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship three times. Impressive I must say." Shu butted in our conversation.

"Thanks. It was quite challenging though." I said.

"You accomplished so much in just 5 years. You should be proud." Naomi commented.

"I am very proud in fact. But it's all because of Papa. If he didn't train me vigorously, I don't think I'd be here in Japan now." I smiled.

"Anyways, tomorrow is your first day of Shiratorizawa. Are you excited? I heard your friends are enrolling in it too."

"I mean, I feel nervous and excited. Pshh, you're a year older than me. You should know how I feel like when you first entered Shiratorizawa."

"Of course I do. I know you'll do fine. I heard Coach would be Shu's dad." Shu nodded his head to confirm it.

"You mean, Uncle Reiji? It's been so long since I've seen him."

"Mhm. It's getting late now. Go to bed, Shu and I will give you a tour tomorrow."

"Okay, Naomi. Goodnight." I waved to them and walked up to my room. I took a quick shower and wore my nightgown. My phone buzzed and saw that Papa messaged me.

papa :

Your uniform has already been prepared and so is your registration. Naomi will give you a tour as she mentioned. Uncle Reiji will be the coach of the Girls Volleyball Team. Your position will remain the same as you were in America. That is all. Goodnight.

                  (y/n) :
           Goodnight Papa.

I turned off my phone and stared at the ceiling. Papa changed ever since the incident happened. He now speaks to me only when it comes to business or my career. Plus, he was so formal with me. It felt like we were strangers.

[a/n: i'm not the only one like this right? my dad and i are like strangers now because we don't see each other that often lol. #divorcedparentsthings]

I shook my head and closed my eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

TBC