twenty six ; wait for me

"USHIJIMA RIGHT?" Ayato asked as he saw Ushijima walking to the infirmary after his match had ended

"Yes, Sakamaki-san."

"What're you to my daughter?"

"I-I beg your pardon?"

"Whenever I see her look at you, I can feel that there's love radiating. Are you her boyfriend or something?"

"I uh..."

"It seems I am right, you are my daughter's boyfriend. Which means you're my future son-in-law."

Ushijima's eyes widened as blush spread throughout his cheeks.

"How long have you guys been together?"

"About 3 months."

"I see, sad that she didn't tell me though. But nonetheless, I have heard about you. You're quite famous I must say."

"Thank you."

"One of the Top three Aces in Japan, that's quite a good reputation. However I will not allow you to marry my daughter."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I'm just kidding, of course I'd allow you to marry my daughter!"

Ushijima let out the breath he's been holding for the past minute and calmed down.

"Just protect for me alright? There's some...people that are willing to hurt her." [this person appeared in the previous chapters!!]

"I will Sakamaki-san."

"Call me Ayato, I've approved of you so might as well get used to this before the wedding day."

Ayato then patted Ushijima's back and answered his phone which started ringing.

"Coach Reiji?" Ushijima asked as Reiji steped out from the infirmary.

"Ah, Ushijima just the person I needed to see."

"Why? Is there something wrong? Is (Y/n) okay?"

"(Y/n)'s....not okay."

Ushijima grew more alarmed and followed Reiji to a hallway where no one was.

"(Y/n) has no concussion thankfully even though she was bleeding a lot from the head.

However, she...might not be able to play anymore."

"What..?"

"Her knee...it's failing her. I feared it would come considering she's been playing very vigorously the moment she stepped onto the court at America but I didn't expect it to come so soon."