|| TWILIGHT || Six | Vampires

Elizabeth Swan's POV

Bella figured it out. I confessed that I knew but she wasn't upset. She's glad I let her figure it out. Bella confronted Edward in the woods and I confronted Carlisle in his office.

FLASHBACK

I arrived at the hospital and went to the front desk.

"I need to speak with Dr. Cullen. It's urgent, about one of his kids." I say.

"Name?" She asks.

"Elizabeth Swan." I say.

The woman calls him on the phone.

"I have an Elizabeth Swan here, she says she needs to speak with you urgently about one of your kids... ok, bye." She says then hangs up and turns to me.

"Down the hall and make a right. His name is on his door. He's heading out to check on a patient then he'll meet you back in there, shortly.." She says.

I thank her then go in the direction she told me to go. I walk in and sit at the chair. After about 10-15 minutes, the door opens and Carlisle walks in.

"Hello, Elizabeth. So which one of my kids is this about?" He asks as I stand.

"Bella figured it out." I say.

He looked confused.

"She knows about the cold ones. She's confronting Edward as we speak." I say.

He tensed up and placed his clipboard down before standing in front of me.

"How'd she figure it out?" He asks.

"She put the pieces together. All the incidents that have happened made her question it all." I say.

"When?" He asks.

"Last night. Edward also told me a few things last night... about you." I say.

"What did he say?" He asks, taking a step closer to me.

"That you feel protective of me. And that Jasper looks out me for you while we're at school because I remind him of someone from his human life and because you can't. That your feelings for me are stronger than his are for Bella." I say, taking a step closer to him.

"That's all correct. Every last of it." He says.

"I know that Edward is in love with Bella.. and that she's his blood singer. But I'm something completely different to you. When I asked him about it.. he said to ask you about it." I say.

He looked very hesitant.

"Carlisle?" I ask.

He sighs.

"You are... what we call a true mate. It's what you'd call a soul mate but even deeper than that. I literally cannot function correctly if you are not in my life." He says.

"What about your wife?" I ask.

"Esme? She's one of my oldest and closest friends. I promise you there is nothing romantic there between the two of us.. I've only got eyes for you." He says.

"I'm honestly shocked I have the attention of such a handsome man that saves lives for a living." I say.

He smiles and steps closer. It was now I suddenly realized how close we were. We were just centimeters from each other. I felt his breath on my face.