Chapter 6

》Iseul's POV

》Iseul's POV

Every day is another dreadful step closer to my wedding. To even say I'm getting married is disturbing.

I'm a 19 year old, rich college student, with the dream of becoming a novelist, with one year left to finish my bachelor's degree in creative writing.

Now adding the 19 year old, rich college student, with a dream of becoming a novelist, with one year left to finish my bachelor's degree in creative writing AND getting married to the richest, might as well be the most powerful, man in all South Korea...

Okay in my head it sounds horrible, but to others will sound like the best life you could ever live.
It is not.

It would have been the best if I had a happy family, and I was older and to marry the guy I actually love. Isn't that what anyone would wish for?

The morning of my wedding I wake up and seat up on my bed. 'Today my life changes', I think.

I look around to what has been my room my whole life. The closed glass windows, my queen bed against the wall. My wodden closet with beautifully carved flowers, a gift from my late grandmother. Pictures of my life up until now. My high school diploma and my thropies from spelling bee's and science fairs. Always 1st place. Medals from the debate team and the math tournaments. The big victories that gave me a small satisfaction. I did everything to gane my parents' approval in everything.

Now once again, I'm doing the same.
I stand up and take a bath I put on simple clothes and when I come back to my room after a lonely breakfast I see my maids rushing around the room packing my things in suitcases. I say nothing and go and help them instead.

Though eomma doesn't like me helping the maids, I do it anyway. In this lonely place I call home, the maids have become my friends when I had no one. "Ms. Choi, have you seen the resent post on Twitter?" Linda asks. She is a brunette girl with doe eyes. She looks young, but she is older than me.

I shake my head; taking out my phone I look at what Linda is talking about. There's a picture of me and Namjoon walking out of his SUV. Of course me as Ara. Then there's a picture of what seems a screenshot of the live broadcast Namjoon and I did to announce our official 'relationship' status. It's the part when Namjoon and I are looking into each other's eyes, his arm is around my waist, and our sides pressing together. We certainly look like a couple.
I read the captions "OMG! I can't believe that Kim Namjoom is marrying Choi Ara today!"

There's a bunch of other posts related to this one but I decide not to pry in any of them.

I sigh, turning the phone off. "Are you ready miss?" Another maid asks and I give her a smile. "Yes. May I help take my things downstairs?" I ask and the girls look at each other and shake their heads. "No, Mr. Kim has told us that he'll have your things taken to his home later after your wedding."
I gulp and nod, once again thinking that today I won't come back to this house and if not I'll live with man I don't know at all.