Chapter 38

(One week later

(One week later...)

》Iseul's POV

I can't believe how close I am to my birthday! Namjoon and I share the same birthday, which makes the day extra special. I puzzle over at what we could do, what I could get him. There's so many nice things I know he'll love, like yesterday, I found the book he has been wanting for a while, maybe I could buy it for him. 

I spend my day daydreaming, taking small peeks at the ring he gave me on our trip. I hold this ring dearer than the wedding ring because unlike the other this one has a feeling behind it. I never care for jewelry, never have actually, but this ring that means so much to Namjoon, now means a lot to me too. It is his love, his care, his genuine desire to be with me and not because of a contract. I want to be with him just as much or more. 

"Miss Choi, what is so interesting that you aren't looking at the board?" 

My eyes snap up and I feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment. 

"Ah nothing ma'am, I was just thinking."

The woman rolls her eyes, "Pay attention to the class Miss Choi, daydreaming won't get you a career."

I sigh, pulling my lips into a fake smile, "Yes ma'am." 

The woman turns around once again retaking on the class topic. I turn my thoughts to the class, just a little while for me to go home and hug Namjoon.

When the bell rings I meet Dahyun and Taehyung outside, we go to the cafe where he works and get some muffins and a coffee. Every day gets colder as we get closer to Fall and Winter. 

My phone rings, but I recognize it as the ringtone for Namjoon. I jump at the sound and take my phone out. I see the ID caller "♡Husband♡" and click on the pick up button. 

"Hello?" 

"Iseul, where are you?" 

"I'm at the cafe next to the university, why?" I worry, is something wrong?

"Okay then, we're near. Can you buy me a muffin and a drink? I am parked near the bus stop."

I turn around and look out the window. I smile when I can see his car across the yard to the bus stop. 

"K, I'll be there. Do you want hot chocolate or coffee?"

"Is there iced coffee?"

"Yup," I answer turning around and finding Dahyun with her bag of cookies looking at me curiously. "Gotta go." I don't let Namjoon talk any more and just hang the call. I give D a smile.

"Who was that?" 

"A friend..." I answer, walking past her trying to avoid that conversation.

"You mean, Namjoon?"