1.6; Struggles

The next morning The Once-ler stretched his arms noticing a few animals in his cottent and screamed, Startling the Lorax awake and with a reflex: punching the Once-ler in the nose. RoseMary tosses on the Futon from the commotion but doesn't wake up, the Once-ler stands up from his bed and goes over to push her awake, she tossed groaning as her head turned to face the pillow "Get up already" He continues to softly shake her "stop," she groaned again "just let me sleep" RoseMary took the pillow pulling it over her head tightly. The Once-ler sighed and proceeded to get ready for the day stripping of his nightwear and throwing on his dress shirt and grey vest, securing his Dark fedora on top of his head. He smiled picking up his thneed as RoseMary finally pulled herself up, clutching the pillow tiredly "You chopped one of my trees to make that junk?" The Lorax laughed pointing his finger to the exotic-sweater-looking shape, the once-ler frowned "junk? Oh, sir, you have no idea what this thing can do!" RoseMary then remembered that the Once-ler had agreed to show her the usage of his odd-looking invention "The Thneed is a revolutionary product, it has 100 uses! Has the job of a thousand!" He had said showing off the pink fabric. He picked up a barb-a-loot using it as a model "it can be a swimsuit you need at last minute! Or—" he went to clean a little mess "it could clean up mud tracked in by the kids!" He proceeded to explain more uses of the product and they were successful "well- it certainly does look odd, but I'd say it's promising" RoseMary commented with a smile "let me get changed and we can head into town," she added standing up with a stretch hiding from all the living creatures to change into her outfit. She came out with a refreshed sigh "why are you coming into town with me? You don't have too—" The Onceler started to question as RoseMary had begun to say her response "Well, I am an aspiring artist I gotta start somewhere! I'm going to offer some finished pieces I don't want, and also sketch people for about a dollar" her confidence shined brightly as they both decided to head out for the day.

RoseMary had seen many faces, paying her to draw them, or buying finished works of art she had created before hand and in between sales. Earning at least ten dollars an hour, which made her proud and accomplished. The Once-ler on the other hand struggled to sell his invention, singing, speaking out, every attempt that day he failed at; he had given up by 2 in the afternoon the only thing he had to do was look for his acquaintance; RoseMary. After looking for a good amount of time the tall male found the smaller female sitting down finishing her last sketch for her last customer "hey there bud" Rosemary had caught him walking up to her from the corner of her eyes, clearly focused on her sketch "hey" he said blandly watching her finish her work "thank you for your patience, have a nice day!" She waves as the customer dropped a tip in her jar. She gazed up at The Once-ler and started to pack her things "so I assume you didn't sell it" she said pointing to the odd shaped fabric upon his neck "yea, I'll try again tomorrow" she nodded and picked up her bag "alright I'm all set, ready to go?" She asked him and he just laughed "Um. Yea I'm ready". Most of the trip back to the forest was quiet the sound of birds chirping echoed in the sky as the sun beamed onto them "so what are you gonna do if your thneed starts selling?" RoseMary said still looking forward "hm, I could harvest the tuffs, they can grow back" he replied looking down at her for a minutes before focusing on what was ahead of them. Another moment of silence before they returned to the forest. while The Once-ler had decided to snack on a few marshmallows, RoseMary was outside laying out in the sun staring at the sky, luckily the bright sun didn't ruin the view of the clouds and smiled to herself seeing a few barb-a-loots pass by with their childish games.

RoseMary sat up and made her way into the Cottent to find The Once-ler just sitting there by himself tuning his guitar "oh hey! I didn't know you had a guitar" RoseMary exclaimed excitedly, rushing over the sit by him "how long have you been playing? What songs do you know-?" She kept asking questions as her curiosity was filled to the brim, the Once-ler gave her a quick run-down on the things he knew and songs he could play "could you play it tonight?" She paused "we could have s'mores and you could play your guitar—" she suggested waiting for a response patiently, The Once-ler thought about it for a moment before giving his input on the idea "mm... sure, I wouldn't mind" he shrugged as a small smile appeared on his freckles face.

The sky was dark, and the two young adults munched on s'mores before the once-ler would play a song, he wiped his hand and picked up his guitar "okay, a lot of songs I know are from when I was a teen. I tend to go freestyle nowadays" he chuckled "that's cool! The only musical education I had was middle school choir and freshman year choir, after that they cut the program" RoseMary explained "oh! I'm sorry for talking so much, please play!" She has a nervous laugh as the young male started to strum his guitar, he had decided to sing his own songs, a catchy tune and RoseMary quickly soaked in the lyrics "would you like to cut in? You seem to be enjoying it" He commented, still strumming his instrument. RoseMary declined politely "I haven't sung in years if that's what you mean," she sighed and fixed her posture "I dislike my voice, it wouldn't match with yours" the young man shrugged "oh c'mon I don't judge, we all have our flaws and they just make us better and interesting people" he smirked, his tone somewhat making him sound intelligent almost. She shrugged "eh. I guess singing could hurt," they both started singing the tune and spent the rest of the night talking "you voice isn't bad," The Once-ler said sliding on his pajamas "surprisingly your right" RoseMary chuckled, she had already changed into her night clothing "So, tomorrow is a repeat? We go back into town and work?" She added a question "that's what I planned, if that's ok with you" RoseMary smiled to herself "it's ok, you have a business. So do I," she snuggled up with the blankets on the futon and fell asleep softly and felt peaceful all night