2.3; Trying Your Best

It was a bright sunny day in ThneedVille, only yesterday the last truffula seed was planted and would soon help sprout multiple trees. The Onceler sat up in bed sleepily with a yawn, he rubbed his eyes trying to wake himself up which worked a bit he took a sharp inhale and slowly exhaled looking out a near window. Not many clouds seen in the sky today, another warm day. He slowly smiled at himself for he had promised himself to make an attempt to show RoseMary; his Previous Lover that he had changed for the better. He just hoped it would work, and hopefully wouldn't take forever to do. He slowly opened the guest room door and made his way through the Wiggins home making his way down the stairs greeted by Norma "Ah- good morning Norma" he smiled at the elder lady, she looked at him with a welcoming smile "ah, good morning to you too!"  She responded in a cheerful tone; this made the Onceler let out an appreciative laugh, following that he walked out of the room and into the kitchen seeing Ted eating at the table. The tall, young man took a seat across from him "good morning Ted, any plans today-?" He asked curiously, Ted looked up "mornin' I originally planned on seeing Audrey but she called saying she was with ms.green to help her re-paint her truffula tree painting o'hare ruined a few days back" he had explained in detail looking at The Onceler, his expression calm. The Onceler nodded and cleared his throat "well, um- could you help me come up with ideas or- plans for what we talked about yesterday-?" He let out a nervous laughter, Ted gave off a small smile with a nod "yea, of course!" Ted soon added to his reply. After a small conversation Ted left the table, returning a few minutes later with an empty notebook "ok, so this is gonna be our planning book for your operation to show Ms.Green your a new man" he explained. The adult male nodded his head understanding, as he focused his attention on the young boys words "ok, what should we call this?" He asked with a permanent marker in hand, the cover of the notebook simply had 'Operation;' written on it. The Onceler looked at the cover and thought for a moment "um- how about Operation Roseler-?" He asked with a small smile, Ted blinked and then smiled back scribbling it onto the cover.

Sitting outside They had filled out 5 pages of plans and things to do, most ideas coming from Teds Creative and smart mind. "Ok so, I think that's enough today. Do you mind if I tell Audrey and ask for her help on this since she's a girl-?" Ted asked staring at the pages, the Onceler took a second to think "of course," his reply simple and short. Ted got up and made his way into the house, making a call with his girlfriend to let her in on the operation, tees voice echoed in the house. Holding the phone in his hand close to his head. He set the phone down with a smile and ran back outside with a positive mind "ok, so here's the news!" Ted said, startling the male adult sitting on the steps "Audrey said she'd find out things Ms.Green likes and her interest, and keep us updated on that stuff; they're gonna meet every Monday and spend the day together until 5" the words poured out of Teds mouth, a smile still sticking onto him. The Onceler started to smile and stood up with excitement "Oh god Ted! I really appreciate you helping me out with this, you have no idea!" He chuckled with glee, his eyes shined with happiness. Ted shrugged "it's no problem, I think you deserve a second chance," he said honestly, this  made the Oncelers confidence boost up a bit a happy feeling still remaining within him full of hope. But then he let out a sigh "when do I start-? To talk to her or-? Make these attempts-?" He asked hi head slightly tilted, Ted seemed lost in thought for a moment after the words trying to think of the perfect timing. He inhaled and gathered his words "you could start tomorrow, or whenever you see her next" he suggested. The Oncelers response was a simple nod, he stretched widely and took a sharp inhale "well, I'll be back in a bit. I think I'm gonna take a walk" he said as his legs started to move he gave a small wave, Teds only response was a smile and a nod as he walked inside of the house shutting the door behind him. Walking on the paved sidewalk the Onceler hummed to himself, as others pasted by him he didn't even realize he was close to the center of town. He kept humming his tune and took a deep breath, exhaling slowly and peacefully. The young man took notice of a shop nearby, an craft store and there stood RoseMary....with some girl he had never met, yet, he really didn't know a lot of people; Ted and his family, Audrey and RoseMary were the only people he had ever had multiple conversations with. He stood in his place for a moment, a little bit far from where she stood laughing with the other, she looked happy, that made him happy. But Oncie's smile soon turned into a small frown, he wished he could make her smile again and they could forget the horrible things in the past. He sighed looking at her again before turning around, a glimpse of sadness in his eyes as he dragged himself to the Wiggins residence.

Finally arriving to the two story house, the Onceler placed his hand on the handle of the front door and let himself in. The first thing he saw was Ted and Audrey talking before there attention shifted onto him, they both smiled welcoming him back. Teds body faced him, he continued to smile "hey man! We were just talking about you!" This made the male adult curious as he started to smile like Teds grin was contagious. A conversation had started, exchanging ideas and giving information on new things. Audrey pitched in a lot for help a useful tips on this 'mission' making the Onceler very grateful. The red head stood thinking for a moment "I do remember her telling me the night the truffula seed was planted she went to the store, she told me she met a young lady by the Name of Serenity. On spot they became friends," she explained, and the Oncelers mind shifted back to when he was out on his walk and spotted RoseMary with that woman, he gathered his words to speak "is she darker, medium lengthened curly hair-?" Audrey looked at him nodding "yes! That matches the description Ms.Green gave me!" She seemed exited. Maybe that was the key-? It was still a blur.

But Oncie was very determined, He felt good about this.