1.10; Fallen

It was another bright day upon the truffula forest as The onceler was awakened by his friends snoring, she must've been having a great rest right? He wanted to spend some time with her today until his family would arrive, his cottent was all tidied up and ready to go so no worries about cleaning clouded his mind. The tall figure decided to let the brunette sleep in a little longer not wanted disturbing her slumber, after all she looked so peaceful and that's something he didn't want to ruin, Her face was buried into the pillow and her hair messy, her face was hidden under it only making out small bits of her pale skin. She tossed a bit on the futon and a smile appeared on her face "well, she must be dreaming of something good" he laughed to himself, The Onceler walker over too the stove and started getting ready to make pancakes but this time he had took out so chocolate chips to mix in with the batter, the Onceler had never put anything into his pancakes other than the one time he thought putting marshmallow fluff into his pancakes would end up a success (which it wasn't). He poured a decent amount of chocolate chips into the pancake batter as he started to mix them with each other. He hummed happily to himself as he cooked, sizzling noises spawning from the pan he flipped the pancake as it started to cook on its side continuing to him his familiar tune. All the sudden he turned his head to see the finally awakened RoseMary sit up in bed, she rubbed her tired eyes and adjusted to the sunlight that beamed from the window. She had turned her head to see the Onceler smiling at her, she simply smiled back "good morning oncie" she spoke softly getting up from the futon and walking over to him, he flipped the pancakes again and she simply rested her head on his shoulder "I'm still sleepy," she yawned "sorry bout that" she apologized for the sudden action of laying her head on him he laughed softly "I don't mind," he commented shrugging the apology off. RoseMary stopped for a moment and just looked at him, he was very sweet and she appreciated that, what a good friend...she smiled again before placing her head against his shoulder.

The pancakes were soon ready and ate by the two, surprisingly they turned out better than the Onceler thought they would he seemed to be proud of himself once more, RoseMarys reaction to them were positive as she sat enjoying every bite of the chocolate pancakes even she was proud of the outcome! RoseMary began to compliment the Tall male on his work and he soaked in them, smiling brightly to himself "well get dressed! I want to spend time with you today!" He said boldly picking up the plates, setting them aside for the moment. RoseMary left curious, changed into her clothing and freshened up she finally met back up with the male who held out his hand, she didn't hesitate to take it as they started to run off. She giggled "where you plan on taking me?" she asked her hair blowing behind her, the man pulling her just had a smirk written on his face they kept running until they reached on single truffula tree, bright orange. The dark haired male plopped onto the ground sighing in relief, RoseMary sat besides him closing her eyes taking in a deep breath of fresh air, she relaxed and gazed upon the scene around her. She looked at him with a soft smile "this is beautiful," she simply spoke her voice sounding gentle and soft, the boy sitting next to her made eye contact with her; her bright green eyes almost shined he almost got lost in them "I knew you'd like it! I'm glad, I'm glad you like it" his tone at first sounded excited but quickly calmed down not to frighten her with the loud mouth her could be sometimes. RoseMary smiled before an idea popped into her head "do you have anything sharp?" She asked curiously "I- what?" The Onceler responded blankly and quite quickly "why? I mean I do but-" he was cut off by RoseMary speaking up again "just give me it!" She laughed as the taller male handed over a small sharp object, RoseMary propped her self up on her feet, still seated on the grass facing the truffula tree carving on it. The Onceler finally realized what she was doing and sighed in a quick relief as she continued to carve "there we go," she finished and smiled "Now people will know we were here!" She giggled; the tree was carved with their initials and nothing more he laughed along with her as they made their way back home. Once they arrived back at the Cottent engine noises could be heard in the distance, which soon sounded closer and closer than before RoseMary was curious about it but Oncie seemed excited about it "ah there here!" He said looking out the window, hurrying outside. It must of been his family, RoseMary took a deep breath this was it, she was going to meet his family and oh by was she nervous but she didn't have a clue why it wasn't like it was meeting the parents of your boyfriends she simply laughed a bit and followed him.

The RV violently parked by the side of the cottent, many animals stood closely behind the onceler and the young women right by his side standing nervously, fiddling with her fingers. The RV door opened and out stepped a bigger women dressed in purple "Jeez this place is a dump" she commented stepping out of the vehicle rolling her eyes, A pair of twins followed out of the RV and so did two more people. RoseMary smiled brightly as the Blonde lady came walking toward the tall man beside her "Oncie is that you? There's my suddenly successful son!" She hugged the y'all figure and he smiled to himself, hugging his mother back "Mom!" He laughed happily, his mother had broken the hug and looked at RoseMary her expression looking very judgmental gazing her up and down before smiling "Oncie, who is this...lovely...young lady?" She sounded off on 'lovely' which somewhat made RoseMary skeptical she simply laughed it off, quietly not trying to draw attention to herself. The Onceler smiled "This is my friend, and business partner. Her names RoseMary" his voice sounded happy as the female waved toward his mother with a smile, she simply laughed "That's, Great!" She didn't sound happy at all, and RoseMary had noticed but she didn't say anything, she didn't want to be rude or, cause a fight..? His mother went to hug her and she didn't stop her before she whispered "don't mess up my sons business or we'll have a problem. Understood?" RoseMary had a worried smile as the blonde lady let go of her "what a sweet young women!" His mother said before walking off "Bret, Chet SET UP THE RV!"

Some time had passed as RoseMary sat in the cottent, she had excused herself just after the interaction as she could hear the Lorax argue with his family slightly. RoseMary sketched and released a sigh as her friend walked through the door, she smiled brightly as he spotted her "ah Rose!" He seemed excited "just the person I wanted to talk too," the young woman patted the seat next to her as he came to sit down "so I've been meaning to ask- or more like tell you?" He thought up his words as he spoke and laughed nervously he stood up and signaled for her to stand up "what's wrong..? Did something happen??" She started to worry slightly. The Onceler took her hand in his, this made RoseMary slightly gasp in surprise "ok, RoseMary" he sighed, closing his eyes as he did. He smiled and their eyes met "RoseMary, I admit when we first met I wasn't very fond of you, but then I got to know you and overall your so happy...and so nice" what was he doing? RoseMary just looked at him still in surprise "We became so close and honestly I..- I wouldn't have t any other way, but-" he laughed a little, and RoseMary's eyes widened "RoseMary, I like you" the tall figure admitted slightly tightening his grip on her hands, RoseMary felt warm on the inside, almost like happiness but she was also nervous. She smiled, feeling something fall onto her cheek "I- I like you too.." she laughed with a bright smile before hugging him tightly The Onceler didn't cry, but he felt overwhelming joy, returning the hug. A good thirty minutes passed by as they chatted while Oncie sketched out his idea of a thneed factory, keeping each other company was so much different and it was so comforting too. His mother popped from the open window "Oncie, we've got ourselves a slight problem.." she complained with an innocent act "problem?" The Onceler replied quickly, seeming confused almost "yes. You see we're not making thneed fast enough," she commented her expression matching her act perfectly, Oncie tapped his lip with the pencil he held in his hand "well, what else could be do?" His mother proceeded to think for a moment before looking at her son with a smirk "ya know, we could always start Chopin' down the trees"  the Onceler had try to explain why they shouldn't do that but his mother interrupted him "Oncie your runnin' a business now! Do what's best for the company, and your mama!!" She exclaimed with a louder tone, the dark haired male glanced over at The young lady for approval almost "I mean..." she hesitated, she knew it was wrong going against a promise he had made... "I- i mean I guess it's ok to cut down a few trees.." she felt horrible, but...it wouldn't hurt right..? The Onceler looked at his mother "it wouldn't hurt to chop a few trees right?" He laughed nervously "oh!! I'm so proud of you oncie!" She hugged her son through the window and he had a soft smile upon his face.

RoseMary felt awful, this was Bad. Bad.