2.9; Beauty

"Cmon! I think it'll be a good idea!" RoseMary exclaims joyfully "Rosie, the last time I talked to her she looked like she hated my guts," The Onceler sighed, RoseMary had tried to convince him to hang out with her and her friend serenity; the girl he had encountered at the store. Oncie shrugged "alright, fine" he smiled accepting defeat, looking at RoseMary's lit up eyes, so beautiful and green he had never seen a site prettier than that. RoseMary smiled widely "Serenity just needs to get to know you, she always told me; a friend of yours is a friend of mine, and you're my boyfriend soooo," he dragged on almost jumping with joy "You and her will get along just fine! Hopefully-" she cleared her throat before smiling at The Onceler, giving his a quick kiss "thank you honey," she said softly "of course Darling, if it makes you happy" The Onceler quickly replied, smiling widely seeing his love over-joyed. It had always made him happy to see her like that, happy. He was willing to make this small sacrifice for her, although he was overwhelmed by the fact Serenity could hate him— that wouldn't be any good for him.

The last thing he wanted was for Serenity to hate him, but he had to admit; he would hate himself too if in Serenity's shoes. But he had a clean slate— only time would tell of the two's interactions. He was doing this for two reasons; RoseMary and to socialize with people other than his lover, Ted and Audrey. He used to be good at that, striking up conversations and having hour on end talks with strangers— making them acquaintances by the end of a discussion. Must've been the years he spent alone that drained him of his confidence, he would have to improve that if he ever wanted to work again- or even if he wanted a family. Like they say, communication is key.

Not even an hour later the couple raced out the door and ran happily; RoseMary lead them and she squealed with joy and wonder- Oncie knew exactly where she was leading him, the truffula forest.

That Forest held lots a memories- but The Onceler couldn't help but wonder, why choose that as a location? Perhaps Serenity was fascinated by nature herself. Maybe she gained an interest from RoseMary's stories— RoseMary was the type to share tales and go on about things she enjoyed in the past and in present. The Onceler had decided to stop getting lost In his own head and focus on the events occurring now, he could always ponder later but right now, it was time to spend time with people.

RoseMary giggled seeing the sight of her friend and leaped out to hug her "Serenity! How've you been?" She asked the other woman who had a smile just as bright "I'm great dear, thanks for asking" she hummed and looked up to see who tagged along with her. Serenity's expression changed a few times— her smile melted, then she had a blank slate face- then she smiled at him softly. The two women broke their hug and Serenity walked over to The Onceler holding a hand out "I think it's best if we re-introduce ourselves" Oncie agreed and held out his hand "I agree- Hello, I am The Onceler. It's nice to meet you" confidence may have been in his voice but inside he felt nervous deep down. The woman infront of him looked welcoming like before and she opened her mouth to speak "It's wonderful to meet you, I'm Serenity Cavern," she paused "I hope we ca be friends" this calmed Oncie down and made him smile "I'd love that" he replied.

RoseMary looked at the two practically jumping with excitement and brings both into a group hug "See I told you both it wouldn't be bad! My two favorite people" on The Onceler's end; he was blushing slightly at RoseMary's comment. On Serenity's end, she simply laughed. The time altogether started out with Serenity talking a little bit about herself, telling some stories from her school life and then proceeded to talk about her own interpretation on the world. One thing was for sure, she was a unique individual once you got to know her; and as she talked the sun shined down onto her making her sun-kissed skin glisten in the light; Serenity also had short but curly-frizzy hair that was a deep brown. She was a stunning girl, a beautiful personality too- she had gone on to talk about how she had always seen beauty in everything, literally.

"RoseMary told me lots of tales about this forest, and now that things are back to how they should be life seems so bright and vibrant now" she looked at a tree sapling and admired it "I can't wait to see how this forest looks in its full form" RoseMary nodded "Me too, I can't wait to be able to look up at the trees and have the animals hopefully return, that is what I want the most" a small smile crept onto the brunettes face and she let out a deep breath. The Onceler started remembering the good times they shared all those years ago, recalling times where he would catch RoseMary playing with Pipsqueak and other barb-a-loots in the middle of the night. He chuckled softly to himself with a smile from the happy memories.

As the day went on the three discussed a lot, from childhood memories to dreams. And like lots of people say, The Onceler and Serenity finally saw the inner beauty of one another and had resolved any misunderstandings from before. Everyday felt like it was getting shorter from the laughs they had, and before they knew it sunset was upon them.

All said farewell and had looked forward to talking again, heading to their homes as the day concluded. The Onceler and RoseMary were walking hand in hand being patient and taking in the time they had with each other.  After a while of arriving home they settled down for the night, even skipping dinner; both had been more exhausted then they thought. Deciding to take a couple days as lazy days because it sounded nice. And that's what they did indeed.

Sleeping in the arms of on another, RoseMary and Oncie slept soundly in the cold room as the stars shined outside brighter than they had been for years. A sight most people would look at with awe- it could be set as a romantic setting and perhaps many others could fall in love under the moon.