1.7; Nick-Names

Hoping out of bed all energized RoseMary went to change her outfit, humming as she slipped on her clothing. Skipping over to wake the dark haired male she had been staying with for a few days "wake up Emo boy" she laughed, The Onceler tosses for a moment before sitting up rubbing his eyes "first of all, I'm not emo-" he paused as a yawn poured out of his mouth "second of all, good morning" RoseMary moved out of the way so the taller man could stand up and get ready for the day "you can cook right?" RoseMary said looking the other way so the boy could change "mhm, why?" He asked, muffled by his clothing "oh well I'm kinda hungry, I'm sorry" she laughed awkwardly "no, no it's fine. I should eat something too" he commented brushing his clothing off as if there was dust on them. He walked over and turned on the stove "I'm just saying," he paused smiling "I make really good pancakes" he finished with pride, RoseMary giggled "so your bragging about how your a godly tier 5 star chef?" She rolled her eyes at him returning a smile "hmm...pretty much" he continued to cook as RoseMary sketched him while at his work, she looked at the sketch proudly. She pulled out her water colors and began to paint "hey what's your hair color exactly" she asked still focused on the paper "Black, I know it looks dark brown in the light, I dunno why" he shrugged not asking why she needed to know, he just thought she was curious. RoseMary smiled "thank you" she hummed as she starting to paint the hair on the sketched piece of paper. The overall art piece didn't take her long at all, she quickly signed her signature and smiled "how long have you been drawing, as in; your whole life?" He quickly looked at her before glancing back at the food, RoseMary thought for a minute recalling the first time she had took a liking to art and it's many forms; mainly drawing though "I'd say about 14 years? 16?" She tapped the end of her paint brush on her chin, The Onceler looked back at her as they made eye contact "I— Really?" He seemed surprised and RoseMary shrugged with a smile.

RoseMary took a bit out of the pancakes her acquaintance had made and her eyes beamed "these are so good!" She smiled complimenting his cooking, The Onceler laughed "thank you, I know I'm such a great chef" RoseMary sighed looking straight at him "You really have so much pride in yourself don't you?" She finished eating her food and grabbed her bag "hurry up! We gotta get started on our day" she pushes the door open and The Onceler rolled his eyes gathering his things, following close behind. RoseMary kept rambling The entire time on their way into town as The Onceler was quiet listening to her, one topic switched to another very quickly; she could be talking about animals and then start talking about other cultures. She had waved goodbye to Him and wished him good luck as she set up her station ready to start her work. The Onceler strummed his guitar, maybe a little performance would draw in a crowd and he could sell his thneed! Start up his business! He began to sing letting words pour out of his mouth improving the entire thing, it certainly drew a crowd he smiled and continued to strum the instrument. On the other hand RoseMary again had a crowd of her own, a line of people waiting to be drawn by her talented hands she could hear faint music and made the voice out to be The Oncelers tapping her foot along with what she could make out. The young and tall man thought he was doing well, until the crowd starting to boo at him, his smile slowly fading. People in the crowd starting throwing things at him and he panicked running to find RoseMary. It hadn't been long until RoseMary saw the beanpole run toward her "oh- are you ok?" She asked slightly worried by his expression "they threw things at me" he panted, catching his breathe. "Do you mind if I watch you draw..?" He asked as the next customer approached the stand with a smile "sure!" She replied "hello miss! Please take a seat"

A few hours passed and RoseMary started to pack her things "how much did you make? If you—" RoseMary interrupted him counting the money "I made a good 20 dollars today, so overall 45 dollars" she put the money away as the Onceler congratulated her "good job!" She shrugged "thanks, I have a feeling my art business may go a little down hill but right now all that matters is if I can provide for myself," she sighed and then smiled "so ready to head back?" The Onceler took a moment to reply before nodding as they started heading back, RoseMary hummed to herself adjusting her glance to the taller man "so..what was your life before all of this like?" She fiddler with her fingers waiting for his response patiently as they dragged their feet on the path "well, I grew up in a...interesting family, I have twin brothers that aren't the brightest, my aunt and uncle, and my...mom..." he frowned "she always made me feel horrible, and only made me feel special when I was successful in school" he added, RoseMary frowned "manipulative..." she commented softly, it was silent for a few minutes before The Onceler returned the question "what about you?" RoseMary looked up as if she had snapped back to reality "oh, well I grew up with my mom as an only child. My father died when I was younger but it really never effected me and my mom tended to hold me back from doing things until she realized I'll never succeed until I try" she finished, fixing a piece of hair behind her ear "huh, I never knew what happened to my dad" The dark haired figure said aloud, most likely not thinking before he said that "I'm sorry about that" RoseMary frowned, but all the sudden she smiled "but hey, at least we have a new chapter in both of our lives! And it's going pretty good! We both experienced being in a river in the middle of the night," The Onceler laughed "that was scary, but your right that's nothing I'd ever expect" RoseMary stood proudly, She had cheered up the man just by one comment and she was glad it wasn't just out of the blue. "Do you have any nicknames?" The Onceler asked her, She looked at him stopping in her tracks "not many, but..." she paused "does this mean we're friends?" She asked, again fiddling with her fingers she seemed nervous. The Onceler blinked and stayed silent for a moment, "I mean- I think..?" He smiled awkwardly "well actually I don't have any nicknames, like fun ones, or normal ones-" RoseMary admitted, the taller smiled "Can I call you Rose?" The young female nodded happily "do you have nicknames?" She tilted her head slightly in curiosity "I have one you can call me," RoseMary smiled "what is it!?" She exclaimed, obviously excited "oncie,"