2.2; Reunited

Ted proceeded to stand up and held out his hand for Audrey as they both had smiles on their faces, until the thought occurred to him "Mr. Onceler..?" He asked gaining the tall mans attention "How do you know Miss.Green- and- how are you so young again-?" The Onceler rubbed the back of his neck for a moment, gathering the answer in his head "Well Ted, Miss.Green is actually- RoseMary Green" Teds expression looked shocked as his eyes darted between the two of them. Audrey tilted her head slightly, dragging herself into it "Miss. Green is the person who taught me about trees, and she's the one who got me started on art," Audrey commented with a nervous chuckle, The Onceler looked at RoseMary as everything clicked together. "Wait- I know how-" he started "Audrey met RoseMary who told her about the trees, Then Audrey told Ted only little of them and that made him come to me and therefore- we both redeemed ourselves by saving trees-" he finished his sentence looking somewhat confused but almost understanding. RoseMary sighed clutching her leggings a little bit, she looked at her previous lover "well...I better be going.." she started to rise off her knees and stood up. The Onceler had a slightly delayed reaction as he then followed her actions and placed a hand on her shoulder hoping he could stop her from leaving his grasp and never see her again. The young women's shoulders relaxed as she looked back at him for a moment. She turned around facing him before forcing a sudden embrace between them making the Onceler stumble a bit, catching himself holding her in his arms. They stayed like that for what seemed like forever, just holding each other in their arms; together. RoseMary could feel the 'hate' of her past leave her body, god she missed him all those years. The Onceler started to leave the hug as he looked her in the eyes with a soft smile, RoseMary had a more neutral expression.

Ted cleared his throat, turning his head to Audrey with a nervous posture and a smile "uh- so- does this mean we're a thing-?" He asked with nervous laughter tugging at his turtleneck "it's- fine if we're not—" he finished his sentence waiting for a reply. The red head laughed with a nod and gave him a smile giving him another peck on the cheek. Teds face grew red as a smile was planted into his face as they both started to laugh a little. RoseMary smiled at the two interactions before frowning a little, she gave one last look at everyone before deciding to walk away "It was nice seeing you Mr.Onceler, but I'm going to leave now," and like that it was like she was leaving him again. He didn't move as his eyes only widened slightly as the old memory flooded into his mind before quickly shaking it off before looking at the children standing close by "so um, Ted..- I have a favor to ask," the Onceler clasped his hands together holding them tight within his own grasp, a nervous smile sewn onto his face waiting for the teens response "Yes sir?" Ted replied politely, one of his hands intertwined with Audreys "I hope you don't mind me asking if you could spare a few nights of me possibly being able staying in your home?" The young mans statement was said with curiosity and respect as he waited for an 'Ok' or any source of a reply from him "oh, I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind" Ted Smiled acceptingly as the Onceler sighed of relief with a simple nod as thanks. A few hours had seemed to pass as the Onceler sat in an almost empty took in the Wiggins household sighing to himself. After the years of isolation and left with the regret from that one night...he finally saw the love of his life again. But it was obvious she wasn't up for another try, who could blame her? The Onceler has became a horrid man from his invention. He became an man based off Greed and a horrible definition of Pride, he had done so many things that night that drove her away, he had slapped her during a fight, Destroyed an entire ecosystem and harmed animals, and overall made her scared of him and what he could do to her. He laid down on the bed, oh he regretted everything he did those years ago. He suddenly heard a knock upon the entrance of the room "Mr. Onceler?" The voice belonged to Ted "you can come in" the boy opened the door and gave the man a tiny wave, the Onceler gave him a welcoming smile "I came to tell you dinner should be getting started soon, but Uh could we talk-?" His face was blank for a moment before he gave the boy a reply "sure, what's it about?" He asked Ted closed the door behind him "well it's about Ms.Green, and your relationship-" he looked worried of the question he had asked, the Onceler frowned a bit but nodded in agreement.

"I'm sure you have many questions Ted, and feel free to ask them," The onceler said brushing off his pants a bit "my first question is, how did you meet again?" Ted asked referring to how they had seen each other this past time after the many years of being apart "well, simple I got lucky and ran into her...literally" he replied softly; he had a blank expression waiting for the questions Ted had in store "second one, did she spare you those-?" The boy pointed out his outfit from his past, The inventor nodded as a response "now my final question," Ted began and then paused, letting out a sigh "do you want to be with her again...?" Ted voice sounded sympathetic and caring, but of course it had a hint to curiosity too it. The Onceler smiled with a chuckle "more than anything in the world Ted, but after everything I don't have a chance" that smile turned into a frown very quickly "I am so sorry for everything I did in my past, I hold so much regret. I take full responsibility" he explained to the boy who was in the room with him "Ted I'd do anything for RoseMary and do anything to be with her," Ted stood and thought for a moment trying to help out "Well, you could always try and prove yourself," he suggested smiling. The Onceler looked away, pouting "do you...think that'd really work-?" He asked softly, his head looking down. He still had a pout on his face, Ted sighed and shrugged "I mean it wouldn't hurt to try," his sentence started "but you'll never know unless you put effort into it" he finished, and he had a point. The Onceler looked up at him and smiled "your right, I need to show RoseMary I've changed" confidence filled his voice "but- if she doesn't want a relationship I won't force that upon her" he clarified suddenly gaining a worried expression on his face, Ted nodded understandingly "no I get it," he smiled "now, let's talk about this after, I'm starving!" He laughed and So did The Onceler.

Life looked brighter...