1.13; The last one

The successful Onceler walked down the long hall of his factory once again, he had just finished a business meeting with some of his own and a few different representatives from sponsored companies his office doors were opened and he stretched before walking over to his desk gently pulling the glasses from his pale face and gently setting them down onto the table. He gazed upon what would become his city, after all it would become 'ThneedVille' names after his wonderful invention. The Greedy Onceler gazed at the somewhat finished paper work with a sigh it had been a long day and he felt accomplished but work was still yet to be done, he couldn't rest yet. The man took the rest of the stack, forcing himself to work through each one scanning them carefully signing his signature on the lines. Reading and missing fine print but he didn't care at all, he was too powerful to come crashing down, he held too much power in his hands. His attention was caught off guard by a voice from a short distance, the balcony of the opening steps of his office it sounded familiar.. "are you proud of yourself?" It asked, The Onceler turned his head to see who it was, to his surprise it was The annoying little Lorax. The greedy man sighed in annoyance as he pinched the bridge of his nose, he stood up brushing off his suit staying in his spot looking at the forest guardian "What are you doing here!?" He asked angrily, his gloved hands clenched into fist as he stared at the orange creature down not moving a muscle in his body. The Lorax sighed "are you done? Are you happy, fueling that feeling deep inside you?" The Lorax began still sitting upon the balcony bar, disappointment written on his face "or do you still need more" the Onceler had it, he moved away from his desk walking up to the small creature "Listen, I have had it with you-!" His voice was bitter and angry, his somewhat greenish and blue eyes stayed glued onto the Lorax "If you're so against what I'm doing how come you haven't used your, qoute un-qoute 'powers' To stop me!?" He shouted somewhat moving his arms as he spoke "I need you to get out. Now" the Onceler pointed to the steps connected to the balcony and then adjusted his arms to cross each other over his chest. The Lorax hopped down from the bar he sat on and spoke up once again "why? Do I make you uncomfortable?" He pointed to himself before speaking up to finish his sentence "remind you of the promises you made? The good man you used too be" the forest guardian finished, this only made the greedy man more angry he could feel the anger boil inside of him "THAT IS IT!" He yelled stomping a foot near the Lorax, who backed up frightened.

"I have done nothing illegal, I CLIMBED MY WAY TO THE TOP. I am a business, and I have more power than you could ever handle" the tall business man exclaimed, stomping down the steps as the Lorax moved farther away from him. Noises from the factory could be heard, conveyer belts that carried tuffs from truffula tress to create thneed a and even some voices in the distance within the factory. The once called Onceler had let his real greed show, He wasn't the Onceler anymore; as his own pride and the greed that grew on him created a Greedler instead. "I'm too big to come crashing down, and you have no way to end it!" He smiled sinisterly pointing toward the creature he had once made a promise too, he laughed for a moment before rambling again "The lawyers all deny every case, there is nothing that'll break MY company!" he tooo a deep sigh as they reached the end of the steps, the figure opened his eyes and prepared to yell at the Lorax again "AND THERE," he began his tone sharp and cold he stood up straight before; "IS NOTHING—" he got into the Lorax face rudely as he finished the sentence "YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!!" and just like that, the Onceler turned his head hearing a vehicle upon the destroyed horizon. The Lorax had also turned to see what was going on, as a frown had already appeared onto his face. The big vehicle with multiple axe like objects attached to the arms of the machine; only one had to do the job, it cracked back before.

Snap.

And with that, the bright orange truffula tree had a deep cut that made it fall, clashing onto the dead-grassed floor of the completely dead forest. The Oncelers face began to change "That's it..." the former-guardian of the forest spoke, sorrow filling his voice "the very last one..." The Oncelers face had turned into a mixture of regret and confusion as he stood straight up "that may stop you," the Lorax looked up at him, the Onceler covered his mouth his eyes widened again, he felt horrible once again. He had done so horribly that night; first he slapped RoseMary and now? He had destroyed the truffula forest. He had ruined the perfect paradise he once called home. The Lorax looked at him with shame, as the Onceler looked back at the Lorax, his mother's RV violently pulled up near him as the window rolled down he had a terrified expression "Son, you have let me down" she paused before looking too his brother; Bret. "Bret, you are now my favorite child" and with that she had quickly drove off, leaving the Onceler coughing horribly due to the air pollution and the dirt she'd rounded up from the RV. He frowned even more as the forest animals that were once happy creatures that had turned into sad and traumatized innocent creatures "h-hey I don't want any trouble" he said moving almost like he was trying to defend himself "and you won't, not from them" the Lorax shrugged his expression still full of disappointment "because of what you've done, polluting the air and water they breathe. Cutting down they trees that grew their food source, they can't live here anymore" he started making the Onceler feel even worse of his actions "so, I'm sending them off, hopefully they'll find a better place" the Lorax finished as the large amount of animals started to walk away all in a single line the Onceler wanted to cry out but his body resisted it, leaving him there too watch them all go. The Lorax looked back up at the sorrowed-Onceler and looked at the last tree, that still laid there by its self, all on its own "you should probably go check out that tree" the Former-guardian commented, this made the Onceler nervous making him run toward the tree as fear grew inside of him— he looked at the tree inspecting it before seeing a mark on it.

RM + O

RoseMary and Oncie.
This made the Onceler choke, he had cut down the tree. Their tree. The tree they visited the most during the beginning days of his career.

What did he do...