1.8; Months

A few days had passed by and the newly formed pair of friends only became friendlier with each other, they both continued their businesses with only one drawback; The Onceler still couldn't sell his thneed no one gave him a chance, RoseMary encouraging him everyday which boosted his confidence before the crowds would throw things and ruin the pride within him. A week had passed, no, make that two. The days went by so fast and boring he'd questioned why he hadn't given up yet and that's when her remembered it was to prove his family wrong. With they always treats his original ideas and mocking his every word he wanted to show them he was going to be successful! That was hard to cling onto but he held it tight taking RoseMary's words close to heart.
On the other hand RoseMary was thriving off her small art business, she didn't want to expand it and create more with what she had gained she was happy and content. She had split her money equally with her newly formed friend and they both kept each other company, sure her amount of customers started to decrease but business was still in. Another week passed, and again he failed, sighing to himself covered in trash the people had aimed at him he tried to keep calm and continue playing and persuade the crowd around him but no success he eventually stopped playing his guitar in fits of rage "you know what-! IM DONE!" He stomped off wiping his face from a substance and looked at his failure "My family was right-! I QUITE" he threw the odd fabric away from himself and stormed off to find RoseMary, Who surprisingly wasn't far away "hey On- Oncie whats wrong?" She tried for comfort him "we gotta go" he said sternly, which made Rose jump just a bit, he had never gotten this angry before of course from the time she's known him. She quickly packed her things up they started walking back, Oncie had finally opened up to her about what happened and she gave advice and comforted him settling down his anger. "hey! Where's your thneed, ya sell it?" The Lorax asked curiously, as they both walked over to him, the orange creature and a few forest animals were playing with cards "wanna play? We can deal you two in" he commented, the two friends smiled "yea, what are we playing?"

A few hours passed and The Onceler was tuning his guitar, RoseMary watched as he fiddled with the strings as she sat there playing with a pen. 2 months they had been friends and last month The Onceler had stopped attempting selling his Thneed, both peacefully enjoying their day the ground started to shake "what's go-o-oing on" RoseMarys body shook "I'm g-going to check it o-o-out" the taller mans voice was shaken by the movements, Rose stood to follow him close behind and noticed a crowd and even the Lorax was there just in shock. The crowd all sang out the tune Oncie had sang, the people obviously now in love with the invention! His eyes sparked almost with joy but, of course still in massive shock. People had been handing him money and he jumped with excitement as the crowd picked him up "WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS BABY" he said pointing to his friend who supported him and cheered, he took his phone out and his conversation could be heard very loudly "Mom it's me! I told you I was gonna be a success! Come on we're gonna be rich!!" He shouted with joy, as RoseMary started to frown a bit, his mother? The women who manipulated him? She shook off the thought and sighed, cheering some more. The Onceler has gained a good amount of cash to start off his basic business, enough to pay his workers and enough to buy supplies he'd need. "I can't wait until you meet my family! I think they'll like you!" He smiled brightly grabbing Roses hands out of the blue, she was shocked at the moment and then softly smiled "I-I cant wait to meet them!"  She replied softly, she felt relaxed and she couldn't tell why but...it was peaceful. They both stayed in that position for a moment, absolute silence. It wasn't awkward it was just calming, their minds must of wandered off before The taller males face suddenly had an expression as if he had done something wrong. He let go of her hands and laughed nervously "man sorry, I think my mind left me for a moment" RoseMary looked at him, her expression blank she only shrugged and smiled at him "so when do you think they'll be here?" The brunette asked fiddling with her fingers keeping eye contact with the man standing in-front of her "maybe a couple days?" He shrugged "well what should we do now..?" He asked as RoseMary waited for ideas to pop into her head. She sighed with a shrug and the Onceler just smiled "that's ok! We should eat anyway" he added on.

After eating dinner and snacking on a few marshmallows they talked for hours upon hours enjoy themselves as friends would, RoseMary smiled thinking to herself. She'd never ever would expect to end up here but she couldn't ask it to be any other way she listened to him all night long, she had finally found someone that would support her and won't leave her, someone that she could talk to and play games with and all still being an adult that took responsibility. The Onceler had talked to her all night almost and kept making her laugh which he took pride in just happy that someone appreciated him and supported his crazy idea of an invention, a business partner, a friend or- his thoughts cut off as he sighed with a smile. RoseMary had fallen asleep as he was talking, he placed a blanket ontop of her and proceeded to get ready for bed himself. He looked at the peaceful body of his friend and whispered "goodnight, Rosie"