2.1; Let it grow

Ted stood up, looking at the stump filled horizon he looked up at the boarded window of the Oncelers and finally found the words he needed "It was your fault...you destroyed everything.." he could hear the older man sigh from high up and he saw his shadow look away "I know.." Ted saw the green hands poke through the boarded window again "I've sat here since that day...regretting everything I did" there was a short pause, "wondering about that word he left,...unless, but now..I think I know why he left it" Ted looked up with a spark in his eyes "I think your the reason he left it" Ted thought to himself, trying to add up everything together "for me..? Why would he leave it for me" the boy asked, holding his hands together as he waited for a response, the Onceler looked to straighten his posture and once again spoke up "because unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothings going to get better...it's not" Ted smiled to himself as the Onceler turned and could be heard walking away from the window, Ted slowly walked closer to the building wondering what the older man was doing. When the sudden one of his gloved arms extended out the window and turned, something started to fall as Ted quickly positioned his arms out to catch it. His face lit up with joy and surprise, it was a truffula seed, Ted held the truffula seed tightly looking up at the building again "That's it. The last truffula seed" The old onceler spoke, in his normal raspy tone as the boy started to frown "but- nobody cares about trees anymore" Ted spoke up worriedly "Then make them care, plant the seed in the center of town for everyone to see!" The Onceler spike up with determination in his old voice, He saw Ted gain a determined smile nodding to himself stuffing the seed into his pocket for security "I won't let you down!" The boy ran over to his electric bike and started it up adjusting the helmet onto his head "I promise," he added as he road away looking back one last time. The Onceler smiled to himself gripping the board tat covered his window "I know" he whispered to himself with hope in his mind "I know You won't," he looked out of his window as the hope shined within his eyes. He felt the urge to break the boards from his window, and he acted out on this he felt like something was about to happen and he just didn't know why he felt this way, but the old Onceler broke the thick boards with his axe he had used to cut the first truffula tree and gazed upon the horizon with a sigh.

He lost his mind for a moment just staring at the treeless valley before the sky shined brightly with light, this caught the elder male's attention as he quickly felt the need to leave the comforts of his hide away. He started walking toward the door of his hide away, be very careful with his steps since he was older overall it had been so long. He opened the door and the bitter air hit his face, he sped over to the source of the light and remained careful as the curiosity filled his head. He stopped in his tracks looking up at the light shielding his eyes, god was it bright, his eyes finally adjusted after a few seconds and the Oncelers eyes widened with surprise. It...it was...- the Lorax-! The Onceler felt joy but a small part of the older man felt fear. The Lorax landed on the stones he had once stood on years ago, looking back at the Onceler "you did good kid," the Onceler didn't know what he was doing before he crashed onto his knees and hugged the forest guardian "I'm so sorry-" he said aloud distancing himself from the creature he hadn't seen in years feeling the guilt hit him again like it did that one day he lost everything. The Lorax smiled "You redeemed yourself beanpole, you deserve a reward for that" the old man looked confused but also interested in what the guardian was speaking of, before he got to speak a beam of light started to form around him, this scared him as he felt his heart race clenching his eyes shut. He felt stiff and his clothes felt loosened and he just felt refreshed like his youth had returned to him, opening his eyes feeling hesitant he looked at the Lorax who continued to smile, what had changed? What was he rewarded with..? "What just- happened..?" The Onceler asked, his voice sounding awfully different from his raspy tone; this made him gasp "my voice-" he rushed and looked at his body, starting with his hands. His hands were clean of wrinkles and old marks he once had, he felt his face as it was clean and he could no longer feel the mustache he once had making his eyes widened looking down at the Lorax again "you've been rewarded with the gift of youth beanpole, you've redeemed yourself too be the age you found this forest, now go. Go convince them," the Lorax finished as the Onceler looked out seeing the walls that covered ThneedVille with a determined look written on his face. He nodded to himself and began to run, feeling young and bold again, making himself happy inside. He was doing this for Forest, For ThneedVille, and most importantly...RoseMary...