1.9; Sent off

"And that's all for today" The Onceler said starting to turn away from the boarded window "go get some rest and come back tomorrow Ted, we shall continue then" his raspy voice echoed "Thank you!" The young boy shouted as he road home, the air still bitter but the smell wasn't as bad as the first time he had set foot on the land, the air had soon changed as he arrived to the familiar look of the town he grew up in, parking his bike and climbing into his window like he never left. The next morning Ted woke up peacefully and sped down his stairs to eat breakfast, he quickened his pace with his morning routine and it left his mother concerned; she had decided he was in a hurry to see his friend Audrey this wasn't the case but the young boy had planned to see his teenage friend to explain why he'd skipped the day they had planned together. He hurried to his bike and started it up, backing up onto the street and riding it toward her house. He hummed a tune to himself as he passed houses and people walking by the sun shined brightly on him making it a bit warm, he soaked in the sun while riding the vehicle, and it wasn't long until he spotted Audreys house. Smiling wide he pulled the bike to a stop, parking it in the driveway and removing his helmet. He proceeded to walk up the steps and knock on the door, which opened on its own which was very unexpected; to his sight he saw Audrey standing with an older lady, most likely late 60's her hair keeping its natural color with only few strands and sections of grey. Audrey had finally noticed him and welcomed him "hey Ted! Oh- this is Ms.Green she lives a couple blocks away," she introduced the lady who smiled softly "Ah, Hello Ms. Green. Pleasure to meet you" he held out his hand as the older women shook it "It's nice to meet you as well Ted, Audreys told me a lot about you" she laughed and Audrey rolled her eyes also laughing. The women had left not after long and had waved her goodbyes to them "so Ted about yesterday," Audrey started "Ah! Yea sorry about that I had things to do unexpectedly" he rubbed his arm acting innocent, which the ginger bought "oh! I totally get it, its alright!" She smiled, he smile always made Ted melt with happiness. She truly was an angel in his eyes. They talked for a while before heading out to the backyard "so wanna help me add to—" Audrey dropped her paint cans and had a horrid expression "n-no!!" She shouted, Ted took notice and shared the expression, her art piece was ruined and it was o'hares fault too. Ted was angered and even more determined to get that tree, for him, for Audrey, for thneedville. Ted comforted the girl he'd known for the longest time, and they had a nice deep conversation together, Audrey decided to rest and try to calm down about the entire situation about her painting, with respect Ted left her house.

The boy looked at the house one more time and sighed, mr. o'hare was an unfair man and to do that to a harmless painting of a valley of trees? Ted really disliked o'hare not just for that but for being self centered. He started up his bike and headed to the store he decided to get a treat for the old Onceler just to bring back some youth into him hopefully cheer him up somewhat. He arrived at the store and ran in and out, got what he was looking for, paid and left. He stretched as he figured where to put the item where it wouldn't get damaged or fall off his bike; storing it there for safety and hoped on, heading to the old Oncelers home, his normal route on the other hand had been tainted with by none other than mr. o'hare himself, great. Instead he took a dangerously and complicated route unable to be detailed but he had successfully made it over the wall, panting in fear but smiling proudly. He took the normal from that point and soon pulled up to the weirdly built home of the Onceler, taking out the treat he had brought him "I'm back!" He shouted, he could see the mans shadow walk up boarded window "what do you have there- wait-! Aha!" He laughed joyfully the claw he had grabbed the bag which contained marshmallows "ah thank you Ted!" The man smiled from behind the window. Ted shrugged "I mean it's probably been a while, and it's really no problem" he stated, kindness slipping into his voice "such a nice kid, we need more kids like you in this world" the old man commented sounding sincere.

"Now, we will continue in a moment" the raspy voice said as he proceeded to eat a few marshmallows which Ted could hear, he laughed a small bit and sat on the rock he had been sitting on for the past couple of days. The Onceler rambled on about a few things which was expected, Ted just listened not saying a word "ah now on the lines of the story," he began "try to visualize this; A beautiful day, sun shining bright" he voice started to sound upset as he paused a second time "that...it's all downhill from that point, all downhill..." Ted frowned, the fact the Onceler could be reliving these memories just by telling them could be damaging to him, he was all alone on the outskirts of town and in isolation not to mention Ted still had no idea what happened to the trees or rosemary. It was a long quiet silence, no one spoke and no one moved "I'm sorry Ted, I need a moment,"