Prologue

"You're not marrying a man you don't even know" My father said firmly.

"I have to"

"You don't have to do anything, I won't let you pay for my mistakes"

"I want to do it dad-"

"It's none of your business, you're not marrying him. Conversation over"

"It's not my business? Dad you're going bankrupt" I reasoned.

This man was so stubborn. I was offering to help and he wouldn't accept.

"This could ruin your life"

"It won't, it's not like we'll be married forever!"

"I said no" He said angrily.

"Why won't you let me help you?" 

"Stubborn girl" I heard my father sigh as I stomped out of the room.

Now was marrying someone I barely knew a good idea? No, definitely not. Not in this world.

Would I do it to save my dad's company? Yes.

I was well aware prince charming would never come anyways. He left years ago and I wasn't going to sit around waiting for my knight in shining armor to sweep me off my feet.

The man I would marry was Jason Ray. I've gone out with him a few times since his dad wanted us to get married. He had promised my dad that if I married his son, it would help his company since Mr Scott had his own company.

Jason wasn't a bad guy, but he was a player. He would flirt with every girl he saw everytime we were out. I already knew this marriage wouldn't be serious.

"Honey, please don't do this" My mom said when I went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

"Mom stop trying to convince me, I've made up my mind" I said firmly.

She shook her head letting out a sigh.

A few weeks passed and before I knew it, we were already preparing the wedding.