Familiar

Amara

I fluttered my eyes open concerned about what time it was.

Did I miss my own wedding!?

I jumped up and looked around not recognizing the room I was in.

Then I finally remembered what happened. I was hoping I just had a bad dream but unfortunately it was reality.

I was on a bed, a queen sized bed. The room had nothing else in there but the bed, a nightstand and a small closet. The door was closed and I was pretty sure it was locked too and if it wasn't, then I sure couldn't get passed the people that wanted to keep me in here.

I instantly felt panic take over me and my heart beating a lot faster than normal. I had to calm myself down if I wanted to find a solution to my situation, but it only got worse.

I started panting and after a few seconds my vision became a bit blurry.

I didn't hear anyone coming in but I felt someone touch my shoulder and I screamed.

I looked in front of me and the anger I felt overcame my panic.

That was the driver. I could tell by his stupid shades, but now he wore a mask too which covered half of his face.

"Get me out of here!" I yelled at him.

"Here we go" He sighed.

He was probably used to this. He'd probably kidnapped girls before and who knows what happened to them-

"If you're not going to let me out then at least tell me why I'm here" I pleaded.

I couldn't even tell what he was feeling because of his sunglasses and mask.

"I said I'm saving you from an awful decision"

That was it, I was really angry.

"And I said I don't need saving. This was my decision and how do you know me anyway?" I asked.

"I can't tell you yet" He said and moved away from the bed.

"Why do you care if I make an awful decision?" I asked.

"You'll soon find out" He mumbled looking through the clothes in the closet.

That's when I realized I was still in my wedding dress. I still bad my makeup on, even though it was probably a mess by now due to all the crying, and my hair I was sure was a bird's nest by now too.

"Now as beautiful as you look, I'd advise you to take a shower" He said throwing some clothes on the bed.

"Where even is the bathroom?" I asked finally coming to terms with what was happening.

Crying and yelling won't help. If anything it will make it harder for me. Plus the guy seemed like he wasn't going to hurt me, even though I was prepared for anything.

"Come with me" He said walking out the room.

I stood up with a little difficulty from the heavy dress and followed him to the bathroom.

"There are towels in there. I'll be waiting outside so don't try anything funny" He said.

I nodded holding back the urge to roll my eyes and walked into the room.

The room was spacious and it was clear that whoever owned the house didn't have any problem with money.

I looked in the mirror regretting it instantly.

Ew

My hair was a mess, my makeup had melted and I looked like corpse bride but uglier.

'Now as beautiful as you look-'