Massage

Ryder

I sat outside her room wondering how this would work.

Had I made the right decision? It was definitely selfish, but it was for her own good.

Being emotionless in front of her was really hard. Especially when all I wanted to do was hug her and tell her how sorry I was for everything.

I decided to check up on her and unlocked the door before walking in.

She was on the bed, her eyes half closed and she had a frown on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked not letting my concern show.

"Yes" She said in a small voice.

"You don't seem okay" I pointed out dying to know what was wrong.

Well, apart from me kidnapping her.

"It's just a headache that's all" She said.

Just a headache, like the old times.

"I'll be right back" I said walking out.

I went to the bathroom where I had the painkillers and other medicine. I knew what kind of painkillers she used for her headaches.

"How did you know?" She asked looking at the pills.

"I told you Amara, I know more about you than you know about yourself" I said smiling under the mask.

"Thank you" She mumbled throwing me a look of suspicion before gulping down the pill.

"Can I?" I asked gesturing to the space next to her, she nodded and I sat there, "Do you want me to give  you a massage or something? I promise I won't try anything, just try to make you relax" I said scared of her reaction.

"Okay" She mumbled.

I was sure that if it wasn't for the headache she would have said no, but the pain was always so bad that she was desperate for some relief, I remember that.

I gently put my hands on the base of her neck and rubbed the skin trying not to hurt her. She let out a moan which affected me much more than it intended.

"You like it?" I asked now massaging her scalp.

"Yes, a lot" She said, "Can I ask you a question now?" She asked.

"Of course" I said, even though I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to answer.

"Actually it's not just one question but first of all how old are you?" She asked.

I was pretty sure that if I gave her that clue she would figure out my identity, but I always had the benefit of the doubt right? I could just deny it.

She took in a sharp breath.

"I am twenty two" I said.

She took in a sharp breath.

"Were you stalking me before? Is that how you know so much about me?" She asked.

That question I couldn't answer. She couldn't know, at least not yet. I was sure she would suspect some things and she was probably right too, but I wanted her to accept her suspicions so she would take it more lightly when I told her.

I didn't say anything I only kept massaging her scalp trying to resist the urge to wrap my arms all around her.

"I see" She whispered.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked pulling my hands away. She whined so I chuckled and started massaging her again.

When the headache is over she's going to be embarrassed I know that for sure. Even though she shouldn't be.

"Are you going to hurt me?" She mumbled.

"Does it look like I want to hurt you?"

"No, but that doesn't mean anything" She said.

"I don't want to hurt you Amara. You're already hurt. I want to heal you"

"Why did you have to do it that way?" She asked.

"You'd never listen to me any other way. You'll understand soon"

"Why can't I understand now?" Her voice was getting quieter and quieter.

"Because trust me, you're not ready yet" I whispered as I felt her lean on my chest.

She is falling asleep on me.

"Just wait a little bit more sweetheart" I told her knowing she couldn't hear me. She was already asleep.

I stayed caressing her hair and staring at her beautiful face.

She probably hates me now, she'll never forgive me if she finds out who I am, but it's worth saving her

_________

Her head was still on my lap and I was softly caressing her face. I just couldn't bring myself to move away. I saw her frowning which meant she was waking up.

She looked so cute scrunching her nose like that. I wanted to smile and tease her like old times.

But I couldn't.

"You're awake" I said and she jolted awake.

"You're still here?"

"How's your head?" I asked.

"It's better now, thank you"

Fuck, I knew she would be embarrassed after that.

"You need to eat" I said and stood up ready to go make her something to eat, "I'll be right back" I said closing the door before locking it.

I felt bad for keeping her locked in there. It made me remember what I once told her. I wondered if she thought about it, if she thought about me.

I quickly made something for her to eat and went back upstairs to her room.

She ate without hesitation this time. I was glad that she trusted me now, well as much as she could.

I didn't know what was going on inside her mind. I didn't know what she was planning to do or if she had a plan. My best guess would be that she's waiting to figure out why I did this. She's intrigued, or at least that's what I think.

After she was done eating I took the tray back to the kitchen and then went back to her room to say goodnight to her.

"Goodnight, if you need me just call out for me. I'll be in my room, it's right next to yours" I said.

She simply nodded avoiding my gaze.

Taking off the glasses and the mask was so relieving. I just wished she figured everything out soon so I wouldn't have to wear that stupid stuff all the time.

She'll hate me, but it's worth it.