Obvious

Ryder

I sat inside the car as she ran out and ran to hug her parents. They were already waiting for her outside the house.

She looked so happy to see them. Her mom was crying of happiness and her dad had a look of relief on his face. He looked calm.

"Didn't you miss your parents?" Gordon asked. He was sitting on the passenger's seat next to me.

"I did, but I think they wouldn't want to see me"

"Don't be dumb. Come on let's go with Amara and then you can go greet your parents too"

"Okay, it's whatever" I said and got out of the car after Gordon.

"Ryder we missed you" Mr Tanner said smiling. Amara's mom was still hugging her, but she let her go to greet me.

"Wow you missed him and not me" Gordon commented. His dad smacked the back of his head lightly and hugged him. Amara' mom was still hugging her.

"Hello Ryder, it's nice to see you again" She smiled wiping away her tears

"Your parents must want to see you" Mr Tanner said.

"Let's invite them for dinner! We haven't done that in years" Mrs Tanner said, excited.

Amara gave me a hopeful smile. Her eyes were gleaming. I couldn't resist that face. I couldn't say no to that face.

"Okay" I said and Mrs Tanner clapped her hands and went inside the house, probably to call them even though they lived right next to their house.

"Thank you" I heard Amara saying as she looked up at me.

"For what?"

"For everything" She said with a subtle laugh, "If it wasn't for you I would be married to someone I am not even attracted to and I would be in a dangerous place. Not saying Jason is bad-"

"I know" I chuckled.

Jason had woken up and he was okay. Mary and he had some family business to take care of.

"I would never let you marry another man" I said and leaned in to peck her lips, but she moved her head to the side and my lips landed on her cheek, "What?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"They don't know. What if they see us?" She whispered.

"Why do you care?" I asked, "Dont you want them to know?"

"I-I don't know"

I was speechless.

Why wouldn't she want them to know?

"Just don't be too close to me like that. We can tell them some other time"

"Too close to you?"

I was used to being close to her. Showing her affection was like second nature to me now and she was asking me to stop it. I respected her decision, but it would be a hard time for me.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know if I'm ready to tell them yet" She said putting her hand on my chest.

"Okay I'll try" I murmured.

"Thank you" She smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek before heading inside.

________

"So what happened to Amara's fiance?" My mom asked during dinner.

I scoffed.

Amara's fiance.

"He's not her fiance anymore" I said.