Daughter

Ryder

"This is not a good idea" Gordon whispered.

"I believe it is a great idea" I raised my eyebrow glancing at him.

"You're going to get us killed" He mumbled.

"Well if you don't want to get killed then stay still and stop ranting before someone realizes we're not actual guards" I groaned.

"Okay fine" He said rolling his eyes and I went back to looking right in front of me.

Yes, we were pretending to be guards. The actual guards were long gone by now. I didn't know exactly what the plan was. I just went for it, which was really risky and dangerous, but more fun.

"What's the plan?" Gordon asked after about five minutes, "Are we going to stand here forever?" He whined.

"Man stop whining" I rolled my eyes, "Everything is under control. I have it all planned out in my head" I assured him.

Yeah, that was a total lie. I was just buying time and trying to see if something would happen.

Suddenly an idea came to my mind, but I needed to leave this place for a bit.

"Gordon I need to go" I said.

"Go?!" He almost yelled and I elbowed his side, "What do you mean go?" He whispered.

"I need to call someone, you have to cover for me" I said not giving him a choice and walked behind some bushes hearing him huff in the background.

He is probably scared to death and anxious as fuck right now.

I took out my phone and called one of the others. He immediately picked up.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"Look, I have a plan"

_________

I ended the phone call and started walking towards Gordon who was now talking to someone. I could tell by his body language that he was holding back from shaking out of fear and anxiety.

It was a good thing we were wearing masks. It was included in the guard's "costume".

As soon as he saw me he gave me a dirty look, but I ignored him.

I went back to my spot and looked at the man. He gave me a disgusted look and turned his back walking away.

"What did you tell him?" I asked Gordon.

I knew it wasn't too good when Gordon started trying to hold back his laughter.

"Gordon what the fuck did you tell him?"

"He asked where the other guard is and I told him you're taking a shi-"

"Oh God" I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Couldn't you say anything less-" I trailed off.

There is no point in arguing especially now.

"So I'm guessing you have a plan now?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I huffed, "I had a plan already"

"Yeah sure" He said with a smirk, "When are they coming?" He asked.

"In a few minutes, they'll be here"

"So what's the plan now?"

"I'll only give you one hint" I said hoping it would work, "Don't break character"

He nodded, "You got it, boss"

"Don't call me that" I said cringing and he chuckled.

A few minutes passed and we stayed silent without moving.