Garden

Amara

When I got kidnapped on my own wedding day, I really thought that was the weirdest thing that could happen to me. I really thought that I would never reach a point in my life worse than that.

I was wrong.

Since Ryder wasn't here today, I had decided to take a walk around the area. Our house was the only one near, but I wasn't allowed to step out of the territory, so I took a walk around the garden.

The garden was really pretty. It had all kind of flowers. I really loved flowers when I was a kid, but I was never able to keep them alive for more than a week. You could say I wasn't much of a gardener, but I still found them pretty.

I got distracted looking at them and didn't realize how much time I'd spent there. I decided to head back inside and maybe call Ryder, since it had been an hour since he left and he still wasn't back.

When I got inside the building I saw two unfamiliar men whispering to each other. Their expressions looked questionable. They looked stressed and worried.

"Miss Amara! You're here!" One of them said.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's going on?"

"Mister Kingston asked us to give you this" One of them said and gave me a piece of paper.

Ryder was supposedly requesting me to meet him somewhere, but the first thing that I noticed was the handwriting. His actual handwriting is really messy while this was pretty clean.

Plus why would he give me a paper instead of texting me?

"This is not his handwriting" I said staring at them.

They looked at each other and I took off running immediately heading towards the front door again. As I imagined, they started chasing me.

Come on guys, a piece of paper? You can do better.

I kept running past guards as they yelled at me to get back and started chasing me too.

How am I supposed to explain the situation? What if they're bad guys too?

I kept running and running till I reached the big metal fence that separated our territory from the rest of the area.

How will I ever climb this high!?

I looked behind me to find a bunch of guys now following me.

I guess I can attempt to do it at least.

Without halting, I reached up and started trying to climb the fence, but as I'd imagined, they managed to grab my foot and pull me down.

"Let me go!" I said trying to kick them.

"We'll handle her" They two unfamiliar men said to the others.

"No! They tried to trick me and kidnap me, I swear!" I told them.

They stopped and looked at them.

"Hey, we've never seen you" One of them said.

"We're new. She tried to escape"

"No, there is no way. She would never try that, she's the boss' girlfriend"

I scoffed.

As if.

The men looked at each other and took out their guns. The others started taking out theirs too, but the men were quicker and shot two of the four guards.

I didn't know what happened next. I was shocked, I was terrified. I could only stare at the bodies of the people that were either dead, or seriously damaged because they were not moving.

Get up and run.

But I couldn't, it was like being glued to the ground.

Just when reality kicked in and I convinced myself to get up, they grabbed me by my arms and started pulling me somewhere.

I kept moving around and trying to hurt them, but they were way too strong. I tried screaming but they slapped my mouth shut.

They took my to a van and opened the door forcing me in. The last thing I saw was one of the men before he closed the door and I could only see darkness and make out a figure in there with me.

"Amara?" I heard a familiar voice as the van started moving.

"Mary? How did you get here?" I asked.

"I don't know, I was sleeping and then woke up in here tied up" She whispered, "Where are they taking us?" her voice was very weak. She sounded scared to death and like she was about to cry.

"I don't know, but don't worry. I'm Gordon and Ryder will find out about this and help us" I said, even though I wasn't sure.

"I hope" She whispered.

_______

Ryder

"What the fuck do you mean they took them!?" I yelled at the only guard who was conscious and well. The others were asleep for now, but I was hoping they would get better.

"I'm sorry, we tried to fight them-"

"Two against four and you couldn't fight them" I said.

"I-I have no excuse boss. I'm sorry" He said and looked down.

I sighed and raked my fingers through my hair, "I have other stuff to think about right now. We'll talk about it later. Get some rest" I said and walked to Gordon.

"How are we supposed to know where they went?" I asked getting annoyed.

I didn't know what to feel. I felt annoyed, angry, sad, worried, panicked all at the same time.

She was the most precious human to me and her not being in my reach and not knowing where she is and if she's okay was killing me.

"I had men search around the area for clues. They found tire tracks" He said.

That made me feel a little bit better.

"They said it wasn't from any of our cars"

"Have them follow the route" I said.

"Already on it" He said.

Sometimes I love Gordon.

"Also track down Amara's phone. Maybe she still has it with her or maybe it could help us" I told him and walked away after he nodded.

I went into her room and sat on the bed.

I feel safe when I'm around you.

That's what she'd said. I wish I had stayed with her. Crazy how destructive one decision can be.

The fact that I couldn't do anything to speed up the process was killing me, but I knew one thing for sure. Once I found out where she was, I would end this once and for all. I didn't care what it would take. They would never take her from me again, no one would. I would never leave her alone again without being totally sure that she would be okay. She was the world to me. I couldn't risk losing that.

I fell asleep on her bed hugging her pillow. It even smelled like her. It was the next best thing after sleeping next to her.

I woke up after God knows how long  to Gordon yelling my name.

"What?" I groaned

"I think we found where she is"