Leader

Amara

I was so confused when Ryder left. I was curious to know what was going on but I didn't want to dig into his business. I thought it was better for me too anyways because I didn't want to find out something too soon.

I decided to take a walk around the house. The house was huge but it was usually filled with people. I didn't get why so many people lived here. At first I thought it was a hotel or something, but Ryder assured me this was his house.

Maybe they pay him rent to live here?

But this wasn't the point. I had noticed that ever since Ryder left, which was a few hours ago, there were barely people in the house.

I brushed it off and continued to walk around, but a noise stopped me.

I could hear people speaking and it sounded like a tense conversation too. I hid behind a wall and tried to make out what they were saying and who they were.

"You fucking bitch, you never listen to me!" a man yelled, I didn't recognize his voice.

"Please let me go, Christian" A woman choked out, but this time I could recognize her voice and I didn't like it one bit.

"You're starting to make me think you like getting hit-"

I stepped out of where I was hiding and saw what I was expecting but scared to see.

Mary was pinned to the wall and this man had his hand around her neck.

"Hey! Let her go!" I yelled at him.

It was probably a stupid and impulsive action, but I couldn't just stand there.

The man turned around and I saw a psycho look on his face.

"Who are you?" He asked.

Mary was giving me a worried and anxious look. I could tell she was in panic by the look in her eyes.

The man walked closer to me until he was a few feet away from me.

Who even am I here?

I didn't know what to answer him, "I'm not telling you" I said.

"You're challenging me, tell me who you are" He said slowly raising his hand.

"I'm-"

"She's your leader's girlfriend and if you ever disrespect her again, or any other woman, I'll personally make sure you get your ass whooped" I heard another voice.

I shook my head trying to understand who's speaking.

There was a boy holding back Christian's raised hand and another boy next to him with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

The two of them were identical and obviously twins. They had jet black hair and dark blue eyes but you could tell they had completely different personalities.

Christian now had a scared look on his face and Mary looked relieved.

"The leader's girlfriend?" Christian questioned.

I finally realized what the boy had said.

Leader's girlfriend? What leader are they talking about? As far as I know I'm single.

Well, I was engaged, but I guess not anymore.

"Yes, so now leave before I call him" The boy smirking said and the other boy let go of Christian's hand.

Christian left giving me a dirty look and Mary looked at me and mouthed 'thank you' before disappearing.

"Thank you" I told the boys.