Big Girl

Ryder

This was a joke. We both knew the truth and yet she wouldn't talk about it, just demand me to. It was stupid.

I wanted her to know who I was, but she would hate me even more now.

I went to her room to check up on her and saw her upset expression.

Why is she upset? Well, apart from me kidnapping her.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"No" She answered.

Of course nothing is okay. She was kidnapped and now she's locked up.

"I know who you are" She said crossing her arms, "You can take your mask off now Ryder"

The way she said it made it obvious she knew what she was talking about.

"Thinking I wouldn't figure out when you said both your name and your age is stupid"

"I know" I breathed out and took off my mask and my shades.

What a relief.

She gasped when I did, but tried to not show emotion.

"Now tell me, why did you do this?" She asked firmly.

Did she really need to ask? Of course, she wouldn't know. She wouldn't know how much it hurt learning that she's getting married to him.

"Did you really think I'd let you get married to a man like him? He'll use you Amara, he'll ruin you"

"And what did you do?" She asked crossing her arms.

That burned.

"You're right. I'm not any better" I said feeling as defeated as ever.

"Let me go Ryder, please. This was my decision to make. It's my life, not yours"

"I care about you Amara. More than you could ever imagine"

"Oh really? Then where were you all this time?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"I can't tell you, but I promise you one day I'll explain and you'll understand" I said.

"Until then I can let my imagination wander" She said with a disapproving look before sighing, "Look, just let me go-"

"There's no turning back now Amara. Jason and his family, they're dangerous people. You need to stay away for a bit. We need to see how they will react"

I saw fear take over her face.

"What about my family? If they're dangerous people, they might try hurting my family" She said.

Smart girl.

"They might be dangerous, but not a threat for now. I'm keeping an eye on your family and Jason's family Amara. Trust me for once"

"Last time, it didn't end well" She mumbled, "Anyways you can go now"

I turned around sighing, "Oh and please bring me glasses at least. I can't even see clearly" She said.

I chuckled remembering how cute she looked with her glasses on. She was eleven when she first wore them.

*flashback*

I was in my room studying.

Well, trying to study.

I couldn't concentrate at all and I was stuck on one page for at least half an hour. I kept rereading it but if you asked me I wouldn't even know what the text was about.

I had the window open and I heard voices from outside so wanting to avoid studying, I looked outside.

I saw her getting out of the car and smiled. There was something new on her though. She had glasses on and she didn't seem happy about it either.

I got worried thinking that someone must have bullied her for it and stood up before running downstairs.

I left the house and ran to her before she could even get in her house.

"Ryder!" She exclaimed excitedly.

I smiled and picked her up trapping her in my arms.

"Hello chubby cheeks" I chuckled kissing her cheek.

"Don't call me that" She whined glaring at me as I walked with her in my arms in her house.

"You're extra cute today I wonder what it is" I said holding back a smile, "Oh it's your glasses"

"They're not cute" She mumbled.

"Who said that?" I asked.

"The kids at school" She mumbled looking away.

"Who do you care about more? Me or the kids at school?" I asked.

"You" She said quietly as her cheeks became red.

"Then their opinion doesn't matter" I smiled. "When it comes to your appearance, only your opinion matters. Remember that"

*End of flashback*

If only we could stay like that.

________

"You're making yourself seem worse" Gordon said.

Gordon was Amara's brother, as well as my best friend.

"I don't have a choice. I can't let her do it, I can't let her put herself in danger"

"She's a big girl now Ryder" He said. "But I understand your concern. I was always against this marriage but-" He sighed, "-she won't talk to me"

She's a big girl now. I don't need to take care of her anymore, but I can't help it.

"She doesn't really like talking to me either" I chuckled.

"We failed big time" He said.

"Don't worry. We'll make up" I reassured him, "Maybe you can come by and meet her" I suggested.

This won't end well.

"I want to. Will she accept that?" He asked.

No.

"Just come by and we'll see"

I went to check up on her and inform her that we will be having visitors.

She will hate me even more for this. As if she doesn't hate me enough already.

"What do you mean visitors?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"You'll see" I said with a smirk.

"Oh no, I don't like this smirk. I'm not going to like this visitor am I" She asked.

"Hey at least you'll see another face apart from mine" I said.

"Yours is ugly enough"

Ouch.

"Words can hurt you know"

"You know what else hurts? Being kidnapped and locked up before being told that your whole family may be in danger"

"She has a point"

I heard a familiar voice behind me and saw Amara's shocked face.