One Kiss

Amara

I didn't think his behavior could become more confusing when he started ranting about having to control himself around me, but it certainly did when he grabbed my face and came too close to me.

My mind was telling me to shove him away and run at first, I was a little panicked because I wasn't used to so much physical contact and so much closeness, but as his breathing calmed down, I started feeling more relaxed and comfortable.

I felt my features relax and I took a deep breath.

"What are you doing?" I asked  applying slight pressure on his chest.

"I thought I'd made my feelings clear but you're so oblivious" He said harshly.

Excuse me!?

"What did you just say!?" I asked getting angry, "What feeling are you even talking about!?"

Of course I knew what feelings he was talking about, but I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to convince myself that he saw me like that because there was a slight possibility that he didn't. Maybe he hated me and there I was, thinking it was the opposite. I didn't want to be disappointed.

I prefer being pleasantly surprised.

He chuckled bitterly, "Completely oblivious"

"First of all, let me go" I said applying more pressure on his chest.

"I'm not letting you go, not this time"

Bitch..

"What are you going to do then? We're just going to stand here like that all day?" I asked trying to knock some sense into him.

His face was so close, so close that my nose was touching his, so close that I could feel the ends of his hair tickle my forehead.

I didn't know if I liked the closeness too much or if I was simply terrified.

"That's not what I want to do" He said, his voice becoming softer.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

He wasn't even looking at me at this point, he was staring down at my lips and I was scared he was about to do what I was thinking he was about to do.

"You promise you'll let me?" He asked looking back up into my eyes.

"As long as it's not too too far" I said hoping that it was just a prank.

Even though I'd be disappointed if he didn't mean all the things he said.

"Not too far" He repeated nodding his head.

Psycho ass.

"I just want one kiss and that's it"

Even though I saw it coming, I was still in shock hearing it from him.

This man was here asking me for a kiss when he probably could have every girl he wanted with his charming, charismatic, mysterious personality and his drop dead gorgeous looks. Not to mention his strong, tall form.

Of course I wanted to kiss him. I could not say no to that, but I had to. The timing and the whole situation was just wrong.

"Ryder" I breathed out his name quietly, "You know I want to-" I smiled and he smiled back, "-but it's wrong" I said and watched his smile turn into a look of disappointment.

"One kiss won't hurt, right? Just one, I promise" He whispered holding my face.

"It's wrong" I said. I knew I was just lying to myself.