Questions

Amara

I agreed to go with them knowing that I wouldn't be able to let go of Ryder. I didn't care. He was a criminal and I didn't care. I wanted to be with him.

I was a little more intimidated by him now that I knew, but I also knew, or at least hoped he wouldn't ever hurt me.

I was in "my" room after one whole day still thinking about him, thinking about the kiss. His touch always managed to have me captivated. I didn't even know where all these new feelings for him came from. It seemed so natural, as if they were always there.

I wanted to see him again. In fact, I couldn't wait to see him again. I loved the way his attention was always on me, I loved how he always tried to make me feel comfortable and safe. Even if he had failed to be honest.

Coming here might have been a dumb decision, but the only reason I agreed was to find a way for this to end. I was tired of this situation. I never knew my life could change so much in a few months.

As soon as I agreed to come here Christian threatened me and told me if I try to tell Ryder to come get me or if I told him I came here against my own will, he would hurt me, Mary or even my dad.

I was devastated.

"Amara?" I heard someone. I looked towards the door of the room and saw Jason inside my room.

Wow didn't even knock.

"Hi" I said quietly.

"Hi" He said with a chuckle, "I was just-I mean I just wanted to check up on you"

"I am fine" I said, but it wasn't the truth. I wasn't fine at all.

"You can be honest with me" He smiled.

"Can I?" I said glaring at him.

"I'm sorry it has come to this Amara, I never wanted to follow my dad's plans"

He was fiddling with his fingers. He seed nervous and I didn't knew if it was because he was lying or because of my presence.

"Then why are you so eager to marry me?" I asked crossing my arms.

He laughed, "Amara, I don't even-" He trailed off.

"What?" I asked.

He walked closer to me and I got worried for a moment preparing myself to run away. I crawled further up the bed and he stopped walking.

"Hey I won't touch you, okay? I just need to make sure no one hears, 'cause if they do it won't end so well for me" He whispered.

"Well tell me, what is it?"I whispered back.

"Amara, I'm not even attracted to girls" He whispered.

I was in shock. Actually, I was torn between shocked and embarrassed because I'd just asked him why he wanted to marry me so much.

"B-but you always flirted with any girl you saw" I said.

" 'cause I had to be sure no one knew. Amara, if my dad finds out I don't know what he'll do"

"That's terrible, you shouldn't have to be forced into this life" I said.

I couldn't even imagine how stressed and worried he must have been all the time about someone finding out. Maybe this explains why he's always so restless.

"It's okay, I'm used to it" He chuckled.

"Well then I really do need to find a way out of this for both you and me" I said looking down.

"Amara, I might not be attracted to you, but you're a kind person and if I had to marry a girl I would choose you. I am used to this, but I don't want you to be miserable. Plus, I know I am not the one you want"