Fear

Ryder

"Please calm down" I said trying to keep her from yelling at me. She had every right to yell at me, but I couldn't have her mad when everything was falling apart.

"No! How can I calm down!?" She said through the phone, "I need to see my dad, Ryder" She said firmly.

I took in a deep breath and tried to control myself, "I'll be there in an hour and I don't want you trying any shit. We'll talk when I get there"

"I don't want to see you, I want my dad!" She cried out.

I don't want to see you.

That hurt me more than I thought it would.

"Shut up" I said as calmly as I could, "We'll talk when I get there and that's final"

I ended the call and threw the phone on the table before plumping down on the couch and running my hands through my hair.

I fucked up, didn't I?

I sighed and stood up getting ready. I could only hope that she wouldn't pull any trick on me.

_______

I walked into the house which was unusually quiet. Everything seemed so dull.

"Finally!" Gordon breathed out, approaching me, "She's locked in her room and won't get out" He said crossing his arms.

"Are you sure she's in there?" I asked worried and ready to look for her.

Who knows what this girl was capable of.

"Yes, she replies. She just doesn't open the door.

I could already imagine her sitting on her bed cross-legged with crossed arms and a pout on her lips while she glared at the door.

And that's how I found her. I had a key to her room of course.

She rolled her eyes the second she saw me, "I said I don't want to see you-"

"I know" I said calmly and closed the door.

I locked it, not wanting anyone to disturb us. She noticed how I locked the door and I heard her gulp as her expression switched to a questioning one.

"Amara, your father is perfectly fine" I stated, taking slow steps towards her.

"That's what you said last time too. Are you lying this time as well?" She asked with a challenging look.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I can't have you out of this house. I can call your dad, facetime him even, but I cannot have you out of the house. It's dangerous, please understand that"

"This wouldn't have happened if you just let me marry Jason" She mumbled.

I halted right in front of her.

I raised an eyebrow, "So you wanted to marry Jason that bad?" I asked.

I was hoping the answer would be no. I wouldn't be able to take it if the answer was yes.

"No, but it would only benefit us. It would be for the greater good-" She stood up saying.

"He's a criminal, Amara" I cut her off, "It would only be good for a few weeks, a couple of months maybe and then it would all go downhill. These people wanted to tear down your father and benefit from it. That's why they're so mad now that this isn't happening"

My fists were so tight that I could feel my nails pushing into my skin. I was trying really hard not to snap.

As much as I cared for her as much as I adored her, she was acting reckless and naive.

"How are you so sure? Maybe you're just jealous I finally got to do something with my life, maybe you want me to be miserable"

I felt as if I couldn't control my actions and next thing I knew my hand was around her neck. Not tight, but it was still around her neck and I was staring right into her bright blue eyes that were now, twinkling in fear.

Fear towards me? She shouldn't have to fear me.

"I would never want you to be close to miserable. I want you to be happy, but you know what? Yes, I was jealous. I want you to be happy with me because I know I can make you happy" I admitted.

It was selfish of me, but she wanted the truth.

"How dare you say that!? You were gone for years!" She said getting away from my hold

"I never forgot about you for one second!" I yelled, "You never ever ever fucking left my mind alone!"

"I don't believe that bullshit" She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Believe whatever the fuck you want. I won't let you go. You need to stay safe and you need to stay with me-"

"You're sick"

Newsflash.

"That's nothing baby, you don't understand the level of control I have around you" I smirked shaking my head.

"Control?" She asked confused, "Would you hit me?" She asked. I  could see the fear forming in her eyes.

Fear that wasn't necessary since I wanted nothing but her safety and happiness.

"Oh no, not that kind of control" I chuckled bitterly.

"What kind of control then?" She asked after a long pause, still confused.

That was enough for my resolve to break. She didn't know what she was asking.

I took a step closer and grabbed her face breathing heavily trying to convince myself to just let her go and walk away.

But I couldn't, I wanted her.