The Right Decision

Amara

Flashback

I came back from school feeling exhausted. Today wasn't the best day.

However, my day got better when I saw Ryder waiting to pick me up from school.

"How was your day princess? You don't seem too excited" He said once I was inside the car.

"Yeah today was tough but it's over now" I said with a smile.

I was actually just happy to see him.

"Are you staying for lunch?" I asked him.

"I don't know-"

"Please" I said with a pout.

I saw him smiling as he drove, "Fine" He said after a few seconds with the smile still on his face.

Whne we got home we greeted my parents and went up to my room. Ryder would help me study many times after school since he was older and knew more stuff. My parents trusted him since we basically grew up together. I trusted him too.

"So how was you day?" He asked.

"Exhausting. I have a headache" I groaned.

"Come here" He said patting the spot between his legs.

I blushed, but tried to hide it with my hair and sat there. He started massaging my shoulders and all the way up to my scalp.

"Feels good?" He asked.

I hummed in reply, closing my eyes.

"You're such a big girl now" He mumbled, "You're almost in high school"

"I know. It's stressing me out" I said.

"Have you thought of what you want to do after school?" He asked.

"Not really" I said.

That's when I realized something. I didn't even know what he wanted to do.

"Ryder?" I called and he hummed in reply, "What will you do now that you're almost done with high school?" I asked.

His hands suddenly stopped their movements making me pout.

"I am still thinking about it" He said and started massaging my shoulders again.

"You're good at playing guitar, maybe you could do that and be a famous musician" I said laughing

"We'll see princess" He chuckled before sighing and kissed the top of my head.

End of Flashback.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard, but it made sense. Mary didn't know a lot, but she gave me an idea of what he was. He was a dangerous man. He called Jason a criminal, but he himself was one.

I couldn't believe my childhood best friend, someone I used to consider my brother, was this person.

I even kissed him.

I sat on my bed holding my head in my hands. I hated him right now. I couldn't believe I'd trusted him and almost got close to him again.

"Are you okay, Amara?" Mary asked fiddling her fingers.

"I don't know" I said letting out a deep breath.

Mary had a worried look on her face, "Do you want to walk around the house, or take a walk in the garden to get some fresh air?" She said quietly.