Body Language

Ryder

I sat at my desk holding raking my fingers through my hair.

I could still feel my lips tingling from the kiss even after hours. I didn't even know why I did it. I didn't know why I wanted to and still wanted to do it now.

I probably ruined our relationship.

I didn't regret in the slightest. It was all worth it, but I wanted more. More than just a kiss.

My phone rang and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Ryder" I heard an eerie voice.

It was Jason's father.

As if I haven't enough stuff on my mind right now.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

I hadn't spoken a word ever since I left the house.

"Why so rude?" He asked before letting out a quiet chuckle.

"Because you won't leave me alone" I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Because I enjoy your company a lot. Didn't Irene teach you to respect older people?"

Irene. My mother.

"Don't ever talk about my mother again" I growled.

"Why not? I quite like her. Maybe if your dad wasn't in the way-"

"Shut up!" I yelled.

"You're right, you're right. Maybe talking about your mother is too far. She's not who I want after all. Amara is who I want. Me and my son both"

That was even worse.

"Don't you dare talk about her like this and I told you I don't have her!" I groaned.

"Stop lying Ryder-"

I cut the call.

I cut the call and threw my phone at the wall causing it to break. I couldn't listen to him anymore, I was disgusted. Just the thought of him ever getting his hands on her disgusted me.

I dialed Gordon's number on the telephone I had on the desk.

This has to end now.

"Hey wha-"

"We're attacking them"

"Wha- who?" He asked.

"Jason and his stupid little army. I'm done, we're attacking them I don't even care"

"But Ryder-"

"Don't say another word just get the guys ready. I'll be over in a couple of hours"

I was furious with them.

How could he speak like that about my family and my girl?

She is my girl. She just hasn't realized it yet.

Today would be the end of it. If not today then that week for sure. I wasn't going to sit around and let him control my actions anymore.

________

When I opened the door to the house the first thing I noticed was Amara walking up the stairs. She was always the first thing to catch my eye.

She turned around the moment she heard the door and a smile lightened up her face before she cleared her throat and stopped herself from smiling.

I wanted to see her smile.

She walked down the stairs again and approached me.

She was wearing my hoodie. I didn't really know if she was wearing anything else underneath because the hoodie stopped above her knees. I had to keep my eyes away from her legs. I didn't want to creep her out.