chapter 1

a/n a few things i wasn't able to fit into the description, please do not base me or my account solely on this story, i have grown a lot since writing this story and my writing gets better the further you read so PLEASE don't let this story be your only knowledge (what the hell is the phrase??) of me.

if you don't want to read a bunch of chapters before my writing becomes not-as-shitty, i have other stories up if you want to check out those 😚❤️

okay, thats it, thank you for clicking on my story and i hope you enjoy!

—————————————

Even with as many times as Sophie had seen Foxfire, it still managed to take her breath away.

The mammoth castle always glittered, even on days with no sun.

"Hey Sophie!" Her best friend, Dex waved her over.

As she made her way over to Dex a lot of people stared at her and her entourage of bodyguards. Bo, her ogre bodyguard, just loved growling at anybody who stared at him.

He also liked to threaten some of then with flesh eating bacteria. And from what Sophie knew about ogres, he really could follow through with his threats.

"Hey." She said with a smile.

"Anything new?"

"No." She sighed. The Neverseen had something big coming up. At their last rendezvous they had hinted at it.

------------------   

The Black Swan had researched for hours for a single clue of what the Neverseen were up to. And after weeks they finally figured that they were doing something with the light from unmapped stars. But did they know anything beyond that? No, they had absolutely no clue what they possibly could be doing with it. They found the Neverseen had been coming to the Forbidden Cities regularly.

"Hello Sophie, I see my son isn't with you." One of the cloaked figures pulled back their cloak to reveal Lady Gisela.

Sophie was filled with a fiery rage at the sight of Lady Gisela. Lady Gisela had been emotionally abusive to her son for 16 years. Keefe's family life was rough, his father was worse than his mother. They had never actually hit him, but they were always found criticizing their son.

"No, he's far away. Where you can't get to him." Sophie retorted.

Lady Gisela sighed and rolled her eyes. "How many times must I tell you, I have no wish to hurt my son."

"He is not your son." Sophie said furiously. Her vision was rimmed red, she could feel her emotions in the knot under her ribs, they were begging to be let out. Begging her to inflict.

"Now, now, Sophie there is no need for drastics." Lady Gisela waved her hand dismissively.

"Why did you come here? And why have you been collecting  light from the unmapped stars?" Fitz asked. He wrapped an arm protectively around Sophie's waist. Her heart couldn't help but flutter at his gesture.

"Still asking the wrong questions. When will you learn?"  She made a tut tut tut sound with her tongue.

"Again, you focus on the wrong things."  The second figure pulled back their cloak to be Alvar, Fitz's brother.

"Alvar." Fitz growled. He hated his brother with a passion.

"Now, calm down Fitz," Lady Gisela said calmly, "If you don't calm down, you won't be able to get what you came for."