chapter 35

"Gethen? That guy from the Neverseen who put you in bed rest for months? The guy who brought down Luminaria." Keefe said with a roll of his eyes.

Sophie felt something stir in her brain, something clearly wanting to come out. She tried to follow the strange feeling to find whatever it was that she couldn't think up to avail.

Her eyebrows only furrowed further. "We found out another alias of a member of the Neverseen and you guys never told me?"

"We've known this for like years. The guster?"

Sophie suddenly felt faint, she brought a hand up to her temple, trying to massage away the dizzy spell.

"What's wrong?" Grady asked her, noticing her hand first.

"Just a dizzy spell, it'll pass." Sophie said quietly, shaking her head.

"How long has this been happening for?"

"Calm down mother goose, this is the first time." Sophie said, sighing as she felt she could think clearly again.

"Okay, back to what we were talking about. You guys have never talked to me about this before."

They all frowned. "You really don't remember him?"

"Uh, you guys haven't mentioned him before, how would I remember him?"

"We have mentioned him before."

"No you haven't. You're talking to the one with a photographic memory."

Keefe cleared his throat. "In case you forgot, I also have a photographic memory and unlike your's, mine's isn't-" He trailed of.

"Broken?"

"I wouldn't say that." He said slowly, fingering the hem of his shirt. "It's Fostering to the extreme!" He smiled at her as he looked up to meet her eyes again.

Sophie didn't feel like smiling but the corners of her mouth quirked up a little at his attempt to cheer her up.

"There's the Foster smile I was waiting for!"

Sophie had to give a real smile at that. When she turned back to her parents, Edaline's face broke into a wide smile and her eyes kept darting between her and Keefe. Grady still had his eyes locked where Sophie was holding Keefe's hand. This time she didn't drop his hand, she gave it a light squeeze to which he replied.

Sophie suddenly yawned.

"I think we can continue this talk another time," Edaline said, noticing Sophie's yawn. "I think you should get some rest, Sophie."

Sophie shook her head. "I'm fine, we don't need to stop." She had to stifle a yawn right after she finished her sentence.

"No, it's fine Foster." Keefe said. "Are you still feeling up for tomorrow?"

Sophie nodded. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Aw I have a feeling you would though." He teased. "Our little Foster is too much of hero to pass up saving the world."

Edaline looked between them, smiling widely.

"I'll pick you up around five tomorrow?"

Sophie's face broke into a wide smile. "Yeah."

"I'll be counting the moments until then." Keefe brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it tenderly.

"Nice one Hunkyhair!" Ro called from the corner.

"And she ruined it." Keefe muttered as Sophie giggled.

"Bye, Foster."

------------------------------------

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Edaline asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just tired."

"Well if you're sure," She sighed. "Goodnight Sophie."

"Goodnight." Sophie turned in her bed as her parents turned off the lights.

She took the time alone to process her memories, when she thought back to midterms, she didn't feel guilty anymore.

Her eyebrows knitted together, it was a strange feeling. She felt calm thinking back on it now.

Her eyelids suddenly felt heavy and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------

651 words

A/N I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, normally I'll wait until I have at least 1000 words before I publish so I'm so so so sorry but I am quite literally out of ideas for making this chapter longer. Also, I don't really like meaningless page fillers in stories.

On another note, I am going to inform you of the location of the Lost Cities because I've figured out some of them and I don't know what to do with this information other than tell people.

(just for a little revision here, all taken from Legacy pages 9 and 12)

The Sanctuary is in the Himalayas, more specifically it's inside a hollowed out mountain.

Eternalia, is also in China. It "likely inspired the human myths of Shangri-la." Shangri-la is rumored to be where Noah's ark landed and is currently at. It is said that animals live in peace there, and even lions and gorillas eat vegetables and there are no carnivores. Which isn't too far from the description of Eternalia, minus the elves. It's also said that Eternalia is nestled into one of the valleys in the Himalayas and is "much closer to the Sanctuary than she realized". (She, referring to Sophie."

Atlantis is deep under the Mediterranean Sea, as you know.

Mysterium is somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle, meaning it's somewhere in the North Atlantic Ocean.

The Gateway to Exile is somewhere in the Sahara Desert, though it was deep underground.

Lumenaria is one of the Channel Islands, through it is surrounded by powerful illusions and we will likely never be able to see it. (it is right by France and the United Kingdom for comparison)

Gildingham (goblin capital) is "tucked among the Andes Mountains", which is in South America.

Ravagog is "hidden in the lushest part of central Asia."

Loamnore, the dwarven capital, is under the Gobi Desert, which is in Asia.

Marintrylla, the trollish capital, is an island near New Zealand.

And now, I have figured out the basic area which the Shores of Solace is.

When Sophie, Keefe, and Fitz ran to the Forbidden Cities, London, to see where Lady Gisela was looking in the photo Forkle found (literally the scene that the cover of the book is depicting).

From the Shores of Solace, the trio traveled to London, more specifically Big Ben. It was still eleven something, almost twelve when they arrived. Meaning that the Shores of Solace must have been in the same time zone as London, which is the BST time zone.

And I also figured out the area that Havenfield is at, at some point. But for the life of me, I can not remember that right now.

Sorry about that, I'll tell you when I remember <33 ty for reading <3 and the next chapter will be extra long for you guys (plus it's the sokeefe date) it's coming soon!!