chapter 24

The days Sophie spent waiting for the huge dinner with all her friends and their families were filled with anxiousness, and Sophie worrying about Edaline and Grady, and vise versa.

The collective didn't know yet, neither did the council. But the council was expecting her back at school, they would find out soon enough.

The days had turned into a stressful countdown. You know the countdown to Christmas, when you were a kid? Yeah, the opposite of that.

Four days.

Three.

Two.

One.

"You ready?" Edaline popped into her room, before the dinner.

Sophie had decided to dress up for the dinner, she put her hair into a half up, half down, braid. Courtesy of Vertina, and she wore a light grey dress.

Edaline gasped softly when she saw Sophie

Edaline gasped softly when she saw Sophie. "You look beautiful."

Sophie blushed furiously. "Thanks."

"I love you so much." Edaline pulled Sophie into a hug, and kissed her on the head.

"I love you too."

As if on cue, Grady shouted up at them. "The Vackers are here!"

Sophie and her mother chuckled as they started to descend down the stairs. Sandor, Flori, Bo, and Tarina walked behind them, swords at the ready.

Sophie wanted to chuckle at their antics, she really didn't think the Neverseen would attack them while she was on the stairs. But, with the Neverseen, you never know.

Biana saw them first, her face lighting up when she saw Sophie. "Sophie! You look beautiful."

Sophie blushed again.

Edaline leaned in close to her and whispered in her ear. "Told you." Which, Sophie then, did what anyone would do.

She blushed harder.