chapter 25

Sophie's eyes fluttered open, it took a moment for her to blink out the spots in her eyes. Then it all came crashing down on her.

She and Keefe kissed.

Keefe started to stir, his arm was still wrapped around Sophie.

"Sophie?" He mumbled groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey." Sophie chuckled

"What's so funny?" He asked her.

"Nothing." Sophie giggled.

Keefe chuckled, he seemed to be in an elated mood. He would laugh softly at random moments, and Sophie kept catching him staring at her and smiling.

"What?" Sophie laughed when she caught him staring at her again.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" She laughed.

"You look really beautiful." He chuckled again.

Sophie blushed. "I just woke up after crying my eyes out, I probably look like a monster."

"You look perfect to me." Keefe said quietly.

Sophie turned bright red.

They sat holding each other for who knows how long. Sophie was having a great time, she snuggled into Keefe's side, every time she did, Keefe would chuckle and squeeze her tighter.

Ro opened the door loudly, making Keefe and Sophie scramble apart.

She smirked. "Awe isn't this adorable."

"Ro!" Keefe groaned.

"You know I love you two, but I was listening in outside and may I just say." She made a few gagging noises. "And by the way, everyone's kinda super worried about how you are Sophie."

It all crushed back onto Sophie in an instant, Keefe must have felt her despair. He grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes, just looking into his eyes calmed her down. They made her feel safe, and she calmed down immediately.

"It's all going to be okay. All of us are going to be there for you no matter what." Once again, Keefe managed to say to exact words that Sophie needed to hear, making her feel safe and ready to take on the world in only a two sentences.

"Okay." Sophie took a few deep breaths. "I'm ready to go."

Needless to say, she was terrified to the point of shaking.

Her hands shook as she walked outside.

They all sat or stood in a circle around the couches and the chairs in their living room, they all looked deep in thought.

Sophie stood, watching them for a few moments, wringing her hands together tightly.

Grady saw Sophie first, he ran to her and hugged her tightly.

Everyone else soon followed until Sophie was entangled in so many pairs of arms she couldn't tell which pair was who's.

"How are you?" Biana asked her with tears in her eyes.

"I'm fine." Sophie teared up. Biana squeezed her tightly again.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't want you to worry about me."  Sophie said quietly.

"It doesn't matter why you didn't tell us." Linh said. "We're here for you when you need us."

"Thank you." Sophie didn't like being the center of attention, and after their announcement, it was almost as if Sophie was standing center stage with a dozen spotlights shining on her, and a deathly quiet crowd.