chapter 42

read chapter 41 before this if you haven't :) yeah that's it, i hope you enjoy! <33

also, yes i did add a song to the beginning of this chapter for absolutely no reason. it's cute and i like it okay?
----------------------------------------------------

True to his word, Daryl came to Havenfield and helped Sophie out everyday for the rest of that month. Keefe also turned up almost everyday, he also slept over more than a few times— but don't tell Grady and Edaline that.

He was over so much, Sophie was starting to think he was just avoiding going home.

Sophie's guilty thoughts had come back, when they were particularly strong, her brain would blank for a moment and she would have to shake her head a few times to clear it. She hadn't told anyone about it, and she most certainly wasn't planing to. She still hadn't had any incidents, which made Edaline and Grady happy. Upon seeing her happier mood, they let her out more and she invited her friends over more than a few times.

"Hey Foster." Keefe said, popping up at her door. It was late at night and Sophie had absolutely no idea why he suddenly decided to come visit.

Sophie put the book she was reading aside. "Hey Keefe, what're you doing here?"

"Do I need an excuse to come visit you Foster?" He smiled plopping down on her bed.

"Well, it's almost ten-"

"Details, details." He said, "Wanna go on a walk?"

"At this time of night?"

"I felt like a walk, and I missed you . . . so I figured 'why not do both together?'" He finished with a smile.

Sophie's face broke into a grin. "Well, when you put it that way. . ."

"Pleeease, Foster?" Keefe asked, making a pouting face. "It's been so long since we've hung out together."

"It's been about a day."

"Still. Will you go with me?" He asked, throwing his body on top of her legs and resting in a "woe is me" position.

"Ugh, fine! Just get off me!" Sophie groaned, already squiggling out of his grip.

"Yes! You're the best, Foster." He leaned over, planting a chaste kiss on her lips.

"Just let me change first." Sophie said, jumping off the bed.

"Don't be long!" He called behind her.

Sophie threw her hair up in a sloppy ponytail, slipping on a pair of leggings and an old tee shirt that she had been meaning to wash anyway.

Keefe raised an eyebrow at her clothing choice. "New outfit, Foster?"

"It's just going to be a short walk, Keefe. Don't expect me to get dressed up for you all the time." She chuckled, "Besides, it's comfortable."

"Well you don't ever have to get all dolled up just for me, Foster. I like you just the way you are." He said with a grin that stole the air from her lungs. And judging by the glint in his eyes, it did not go unnoticed by him. "But god forbid, you are ever uncomfortable, babe."

Sophie's eyes widened and her cheeks reddened. "Babe? That's a new one."

"If you don't want me to call you that, I can stop."

"No it's okay, I kind of like it." Sophie said a smile gracing her lips, twisting the hem of her shirt in her hands.

"You're cute when you're flustered." He said, grinning happily.