chapter 44

^^art creds to @soso_doodles on instagram :))

———————————

"Hey," Daryl said as he spotted them, his wide smile faltered a bit as he saw Keefe, but then came back as if it had never left. "What's he doing here?" He paused, "Again."

Sophie coughed into her hand. "Uh, he slept over."

His eyebrows shot up. "Oh."

"It wasn't like that, I promise!" Sophie blushed.

"Sure it wasn't." She heard Ro chuckle from behind them.

"It wasn't." Keefe clarified with a glare in Ro's direction.

Daryl shuffled his feet awkwardly for a few moments. "Is he, uh, coming?"

"Not if you don't want him to."

"It's okay, he can come I guess."

Keefe slung his arm around Daryl's shoulder. "Alright, let's go!"

~

Atlantis was more crowded than normal, and that was saying something.

The crowd was bustling, people were walking briskly and busily around the square and Sophie couldn't walk a few steps before getting caught up in the crowd. She took to keeping at Keefe's side, Daryl was on her other side, and they were most likely the only reason she hadn't gotten lost in the crowd.

Oh, and her bodyguards were there too I guess.

Daryl led them through the square and after a little, he stopped in front of a store with a big sign that read, Rainbow Bakery on top in big letters.

"Alright." Daryl said, clapping his hands. "This is the bakery, my parents couldn't close up for the day, I hope thats not a problem."

"Oh, no problem." Edaline answered. "I'm excited to meet them."

Daryl scratched the back of his neck, "Heh, great."

A fun jingle sounded as he pushed the door open. "Mom, Mama, the Ruewens are here!"

The shop was large, and there were many neatly placed display cases featuring rainbow cookies, cakes, and other pastries. Sophie's mouth watered just looking at them.

There was a large neon sign that said Rainbow Bakery inside as well. The Rainbow curved in a wide arch, like a rainbow. And the Bakery part of the sign perched underneath the arch in curly lettering.

Sophie heard a bit of quiet laughing and the sounds of soft crashing and banging before two woman came out from the back of the store.

The first had honey blonde hair that was up in a messily done bun with a soft orange bandana on top. She had vibrant olympic blue eyes with meticulously done rainbow eyeliner. The second one had short cut black hair and royal blue eyes. Her eyes were a cute almond shape, asian. Maybe Chinese or Taiwanese. She had on a thick layer of black eyeliner and had a nose piercing, along with more than a couple ear piercings. They wore matching light pink aprons that had the logo Rainbow Bakery stitched on.

"You must be Lord and Lady Ruewen." The first one said, clumsily dipping into a bow.

Grady stopped her, "Please call me Grady, there is no need for formalities. This is my wife, Edaline."

She smiled, "Well my name is Alice and this here is my wife Grace."

The second one — Grace — was a lot shorter than Alice, but to her credit, Alice was wearing heals.