chapter 26

"KEEFE! WAKE THE FUCK UP!" Ro shouted at him, startling him awake.

He had been working late into the night on his gift for Sophie. He must have fallen asleep on his work.

He didn't know exactly how he was supposed to show he cared about her. He didn't want to just give her a gift as if it were midterms, he wanted to make her feel special. He wanted to make her feel beautiful, he wanted her to see herself the way he saw her, absolutely flawless (but don't tell her that).

Lord Cassius stumbled into the doorway, stopping right before he stepped foot in his room as if he couldn't bear the thought of walking into a "vile mess", as he put it. He appeared to still be half asleep. He was in his bed robes and he rubbed his eyes sleepily. "What is with all the ruckus?"

"Just go back to sleep, we don't need you here." Keefe flung the nearest pillow at his head.

He threw the pillow back on the ground, his face was red. "How dare you?! I am your father, and I demand respect! I will-"

Ro slammed the door in his face. "Good riddance." She muttered.

Keefe snickered. "Good one."

Ro went back to studying her dagger collection and Keefe turned back to his planing board.

He contemplated a few ideas, his mind switched from one idea to the next before he could finish thinking it, making planning very hard.

"What are you even doing?" Ro peered curiously over his shoulder.

"Brainstorming."

"You know, you could try just plain apologizing. Instead of wasting your time on this." She pointed at his half filled board. "You really are majorly over complicating things."

Keefe thought for a moment. He actually hadn't even tried to apologize yet. He actually just didn't want to.

"I should probably go do that." Keefe muttered.

Ro scoffed. "About damn time." She kept talking about "idiotic elves" until Keefe got to Havenfield.

It was as beautiful as ever, and a soft ocean breeze blew through Keefe's hair.

He let out a breath as he prepared to knock on the front door.

"Wimp." Ro scoffed behind him.

He scowled and brought back his arm and knocked.

The one person who lived there that Keefe didn't want to open the door, opened the door. "Hello?" Grady asked. When he noticed Keefe, he winced. "Oh, it's you."

Ro snickered and Grady continued. "I assume you're here for Sophie."

Keefe nodded.

He sighed loudly, "Come in."

He stepped aside to allow Keefe and Ro inside.

"Sophie's in her room upstairs." Keefe started to walk up the stairs to her room when Grady called behind him. "No funny business. She is still my daughter."

Keefe bushed as Ro snickered.

"Hands off, you got it." Keefe assured Grady (who didn't necessarily look too convinced).

The door to Sophie's room was still guarded by Sophie's many bodyguards. When they saw Keefe approaching.

"What are you doing here?" Flori hissed to him.

"I came to see Sophie." Keefe whispered back.

"She just got out of the shower." Flori whispered.