chapter 37

For the next few days, it was as if Sophie was walking on clouds. 

Everyone who talked to her had noticed that something perked up her attitude. Much to her friend's delight, she invited them all over to Havenfield for the first time in a while. 

"I was wondering if you and Fitz would like to come over to Havenfield tomorrow to catch up with everyone?" 

Biana's eyes lit up. "Really? You're having people over?" 

"Yeah, I figured it's about time." Sophie shrugged, the smile on her face never faded. Even when she tried to sleep, or when she was showering, or brushing her teeth, or even while bathing the verminion. She hadn't stopped smiling for days, her cheeks hurt, but even that couldn't bring her down from her high. 

"Did something happen?" Biana raised a suspicious eyebrow, a gentle smirk found it's way onto her face. 

A light blush spread on Sophie's cheeks as she remembered what had happened with Keefe. "No, nothing happened." 

Biana raised an eyebrow. "Did something happen with Keefe?" 

Sophie's eyes widened and her cheeked flamed. "No!" 

Her mouth dropped open. "Ahh! Finally! What happened?!" She squealed.  

Sophie groaned. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow." 

"Oh my gosh, I can't wait!" 

Sophie smiled at her friend's excitement. "I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Bye!" Biana squealed. She ended the call. 

Sophie hailed the rest of her friends, and none of them guessed anything about Sophie's date with Keefe luckily. Until she had to hail Keefe, which she intentionally left off until the end. 

She let out a deep breath in an attempt to calm her racing heart before speaking. "Show me Keefe Sencen." 

Her imparter rang only twice before Keefe's face filled the screen. He smiled widely as he saw her face. 

"Foster! It's about time you hailed me!" 

Sophie blushed again. "Sorry about that." 

"No need to be sorry, Foster." He grinned lopsidedly at her. "I've missed you, did you miss me? I'm just kidding, of course you missed me." 

Sophie laughed. "So, how did Ro punish you?" 

"She didn't let me hail you." He stated simply. "She said I had to wait for you to hail me, and she may or may not poison my food. But enough about me, what have you been up to?" 

"Well, I'm inviting everyone over to Havenfield tomorrow, wanna come?" 

He thought for a moment, "Are we going to tell everyone about . . . us?" 

Sophie paused, did she want to label Keefe as her boyfriend? Huh, boyfriend. He was her boyfriend now. 

A new feeling Sophie hadn't realized blossomed inside of her. Was it hope? Maybe protectiveness? Happiness? 

Or could it be-

Keefe cut off her thoughts. "Yo, Foster, you okay? You just went silent for a while there." 

She shook her head. "Sorry, yeah. I don't know, what do you want to do?" 

"Well I want everyone to know, but it's not just my choice." 

Sophie had seen many relationships crash and burn, being in high school. She rarely saw or heard of men being as respectful as Keefe was. 

There was one time in the hallway she saw a girl, she was a lot taller than Sophie, being pinned to the wall by her boyfriend. She wanted desperately to intervene, but what could she, a tiny twelve year old, do?