Chapter 1

I strutted through the annoyingly crowded platform looking for any sign of red hair. Unfortunately, not spying one person I knew. I'm Anyxus Thyme, daughter of Eleanor and Archibald Thyme; of course I had no knowledge of them. They were both tortured and killed by the darkest wizard himself, Lord Voldemort. When I was just a wee baby my parents were still serving the dark lord.

One afternoon, my mother and father got into an argument about fleeing the country to be free of his doing. Of course, Voldemort knows all, so later; he descended from the shadows killing my parents. The only problem was, well, me. Voldemort was going to strand me in the Thyme Household leaving me to die, but, instead, he had a better idea, why not, brand me with his sign and cast me away with a proper family, so that later, when I'm older, and I receive my letter for Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, I can serve the dark lord inside the grounds, where Harry Potter will be lurking.

When I was old enough to acknowledge the mark, I was told what I was brought up to do, which meant making the unbreakable vow, swearing on my life literally that I would not tell a single soul about the mark. I am a death eater, but only by force. There was only one place Voldemort could think to take me. There was a particular family that he had an eye on. She was a short women always clothed in long black attire. Her hair was white with bits of raven black streaks. Her name was Narcissa; she had practically raised me for as long as I can remember. There was a man next to her. He had long white hair that parted down the middle and also dressed in long black robes. This was Lucius, Narcissa's husband. With them was another white haired boy, exactly my age. His hair was combed neatly and he wore an all black suit. He was Draco. I wore a long sleeve Slytherin hoody and long tight jeans. I grew with all three of these people, most commonly known as the Malfoy's.

I felt a cold dry hand touch my shoulder. "Anyxus, it's time." A calm women's voice whispered in my ear, only guessing to be Narcissa Malfoy. I got up, dressed into my clothes, fixed my hair, and packed my trunk with appropriate items for my journey. I was heading to Hogwarts. It was my third year here, and I couldn't wait to get back. My friends, whom I had met the first year on the train ride to Hogwarts, said they would save a seat in a compartment.

I stepped onto the platform feeling a gust of warm air hit my face. I didn't know if that was the atmosphere or my cheeks getting hot. The first thing I did was look for a group of red heads, which I fit into pretty well. I was tall for my age. I had long straight bright red hair and brown eyes. My nose was bigger than most, but very sophisticated. My eyebrows, in my opinion were my greatest feature, perfect and arched, a little darker than my regular hair color. I looked around once more to make sure that I didn't miss the group of gingers anywhere. I saw a hand wave up and down and the glow of red hair. I pushed people around to get to where I was going.

"Nyx!" the boy who waved hugged me. I gave him a tight squeeze back. He had short red hair and wore the same exact clothing as his twin George. This was the two and only, Fred and George Weasley.

"I missed you guys! You have to tell me all about your summer!"

"Nyx!" I heard another yell. It was Hermione. She had curly hair and a cute smile. She hugged me as well, which meant another hug from Ronald Weasley, and another from Harry Potter. I wasn't friends with Harry Potter just because of my dark mark, but because he was actually a genuine friend, same with Ron and Hermione.

"So, how has Malfoy Manor been this summer?" Hermione questioned.

"Like it always is, boring, of course I can always go and do whatever the hell I'd like, but still." I stated.

"Well, we're glad you're back." Ron said patting my shoulder.

"All right dears, time to get a move on!" I could hear Mrs. Weasley chant pushing her children onto the train. We hopped onto it.

"Goodbye children! Have a good third year!" she yelled once again. Once we were on the train, we all started looking for compartments to share. Luckily we didn't have to walk too far down the cramped walkways. Unfortunately, we bumped into Draco and his idiot friends, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Ugh, I don't see how you can hang around these people Nyx." He snickered.

"Don't call me that."

"Why not, they do?"

"Because Malfoy, only my friends call me Nyx, I don't consider you a friend, so piss off." I stated angrily. Draco walked up closer to me, enough so I could feel his body heat radiating.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" He again smirked. I glared at him.

"Yes, I would, now go away!" I pushed him back making him hit and rattle the windows of the train.

"Ooh, feisty today are we?" He was still smirking. "Well, maybe I'll come back later and we can get our own compartment?" He raised his eyebrows. I clenched my fists.

"I swear-"

"Nyx, let's just go." Hermione added before I could do anything.

"You're lucky Malfoy." I said.

"Oh, am I?" He replied. I clenched my jaw turning the opposite way. We finally found an empty compartment. Hermione, Ron, Harry and I all shoved our way in. The twins were in a compartment next to us and Ginny went to go find her friends. We sat down on the warm comfy seats of the train. There was another man sitting in the compartment with us.

"Who's this?" Ron asked.

"R.J Lupin." Hermione answered.

"Seriously, do you know everything?" He sounded amused.

"His suitcase Ronald." Hermione pointed upwards. We all got fixated in our seats.

"So, you and Draco seem to get along pretty well." Hermione joked. We all giggled a little bit. "I think he likes you, Nyx." She added. I gave out a huge sarcastic laugh. "That was a good one Hermione." I giggled. Ron and Harry joined in.

"No, I'm being serious. I really do think he likes you." She told us.

"Come on Hermione, the guys mean to her, why would you be mean to someone you like?" Ron assured.

"Ron, he's mean to her because he likes her. It's what boys do, especially Draco."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Trust me; I know what I'm talking about." Hermione exclaimed.

"Well, it's not like she's going to date him. Right Nyx?" Harry inclined.

"Exactly right." I declared swaying my hand giving credit to Harry.

It was quiet in our little compartment, suddenly, the train stopped with a jerk. The lights flickered off and I opened my eyes.

"Why have we stopped, we can't be there yet?" Hermione questioned.

"Maybe we've broken down." Harry replied. Ron put his hand up to the window. "There's something moving out there." He said. A cold air blasted us and the windows began to ice up. A hooded figure swept past, unlatching the compartment door. It hovered above Harry sucking in what looked like his face. The man named Lupin shot open his eyes and stood up immediately with his wand. A white light came out of the tip, moving the hooded figure out. Harry was knocked out cold. It was a good twenty-five minutes before he woke up. Lupin, gave him some chocolate to eat. Apparently the hooded figures were called dementors and were helping protect the school this year. Usually crazy things started to happen at the end of the year, but this year was different.