January 7th, 2003

When Julian was finished arguing with Fox in the church courtyard, he saw something out of the corner of his eye and found Tabitha passed out under a bush. He ran to check on her while reminiscing of their last supernatural escapade. He tried to wake her, but found she was freezing cold so he took off his tuxedo jacket and draped it across her upper body which was still laying in his embrace. Fox was walking back to the church when he saw his dad cradling and quietly talking to Tabitha. He walked over and asked "What's going on here dad?" thinking that he was just cheating on another woman. Julian calmly told him "I found Tabitha passed out under this bush and am trying to get her warm enough to wake up." Fox offered his jacket, but this time draped it over her knees. "Dad, you seem different with her than all of your other wives...Why?"

Julian just tightened his grip around her and said "Ever since I met her dear great-nephew Timmy, I saw how much love she had for him, and started to fall in love with her myself. She was so heartbroken when he died...I couldn't imagine losing someone that I loved that much." Fox understood and told Julian "I'm sorry for my attitude when I found you. It was uncalled for. Do you think we should call for some help?" Julian smiled at his son and responded "Let's give her a few more minutes to wake up...I accept your apology and I guess I can help you out with the IOU's this one last time." Fox patted his dad on the back in thanks. Suddenly, they both heard a quiet moan float up to their ears. Julian felt her shift ever so slightly in his arms. "Tabitha! Come on! Open your eyes! Please?" Julian softly begged.

Tabitha pried her eyes open and found herself in Julian's arms with Fox nearby. Weakly she called out "...Julian..." He was so happy that she was awake and told her "I'm right here!" She shivered from the cold that seeped into her bones, and tiredly asked "...What happened?..I'm so cold..." Fox took over and said "My dad found you unconscious underneath a bush...Do you remember what you were doing?" Tabitha closed her eyes and tried to think back. It only took a few seconds for her to remember what she was doing but she couldn't tell Fox. Julian noticed that she was hiding something from them. She lied and told them "...I was going to the wedding..." Julian assumed that he could get her to tell just him the truth so he told Fox "I'm gonna bring her home and stay with her for the night in case we need to call Eve...Please don't tell Rebecca where I'm going. Just say I got an urgent business call and had to take a trip." He nodded and left back into the church.

Julian just looked back down at his love and said "Alright, I'm gonna get you home, and then you are going to tell me the truth about what you were doing here." She looked apprehensive and was about to ask how he knew, when he continued "I know you were lying because you hate going to weddings!" She slowly nodded in agreement before saying "...Fine...I'll tell you the truth when we get home..." Fox had taken his jacket back, while Julian kept his covering Tabitha. The next thing she knew Julian had her gathered up in his arms and off the ground. He waited for her to protest, but when she didn't he just said: "Let's get you home!" She laid her head on his shoulder and they quietly talked all the way home.

They arrived home in no time. Julian was quick to sit her on the couch, cover her with a blanket or two, before moving to start a fire. Once the fire was burning warm and bright, Julian moved up onto the couch and got Tabitha laying in his embrace and covered up enough to try and conserve some more heat. After a few minutes of silence he asked "Are you going to tell me what you were actually doing at the church?" She just looked in his eyes and knew she couldn't lie. Fighting against the cold and the pain, she fought to pull herself off the couch. Julian was quick to make sure that she didn't move; he didn't want her to be in more pain than she was right at that moment. "Tell me what you need and I will get it for you, okay?" He asked. She nodded before telling him "...There's a box in the top drawer...on the right side...of the bureau...I need that..." He nodded and gently moved her to an upright position for just a little bit.

Julian had no trouble finding the box, and brought it back over to the couch. Tabitha tried to reach her arms up enough to remove the chain she was wearing that had the key. Quickly she asked him "...Can you take my necklace off please?.." He handed her the box and leaned in very close to slip the chain over her head. Once he had the key, she told him "...Open it..." Having her permission and being very confused at what this had to do with her being at the church, he put the key in the lock and turned it a quarter turn to the right.

When he finally lifted the lid, he found 2 home pregnancy tests and official test results from the Women's Health Clinic; all of them had the word 'positive' in bold. His mouth dropped and he instantly asked "You're pregnant?" Her head fell back against the couch before she said "...100% positive..." For a second he got angry and asked her "Who's the father?" She couldn't believe he asked that question, and just retorted with "...The only man I've been with in this lifetime..." He knew in that instant that he was the father. Closing and locking the box, and draping the key back around her neck; he moved to be back on the couch with her in his embrace across his lap. Underneath the blanket, he let his hand drift to lay upon the very spot where his newest child was growing. Tabitha felt the warmth of his hand and instantly felt herself warming up a bit. She snuggled in close to him and finished saying "...I wasn't feeling well...due to the little one...I needed a fresh herb for some tea...It's only found at the church..." Julian just responded with "Ahhh! That's why you were there. I can't tell you how happy I am to learn about our baby." She smiled as he tightened his grip around her, making her feel safe, content, and warm.

For the rest of the night, Julian watched as Tabitha slept peacefully. He occasionally felt to see if she was warmed up enough, before moving her upstairs and into her bed. He slept with her in his embrace, and his hand caressing the slight bump where the woman he loved was carrying his child.

The End