Tabitha Slips on Ice

On a full moon night, Tabitha was walking towards Saint Margaret Mary's church to attend the dreaded double wedding that was about to take place. She was walking through the garden when the snow began to fall as hard as hail. She kept her head down, but still could barely see anything. She didn't notice the patch of ice that was three feet ahead. Her foot slipped, causing her to hit her head on a statue and fall unconscious.

The scene changes to the wedding beginning, and Julian sneaking away from Rebecca's icy grasp. The church doors open and out walks Julian and Fox, who inevitably starts yelling over money like normal. Tabitha's eyes fluttered open when she heard the familiar voices of "the cranes." She tried to pull herself up but found she couldn't. Once she finally was able to stand up, she started to walk toward their voices. Pain raged all through her body, that's when she rushed her hand over to her side. Tabitha slowly walked through the open gate and into the courtyard. Julian caught something out of the corner of his eyes. Both Cranes quickly turned their heads to see Tabitha not looking too well. They could both only see the pale skin, blue lips, and the blood from a slight cut on her forehead. "Tabitha! what happened?" Julian asked swiftly walking towards her, with Fox right behind him. She suddenly started falling. Fox and Julian ran to catch her. "Tabitha! let's get you sitting down." Julian said nodding his head once, signaling to Fox to help walk toward the ledge. They helped her sit down on the ledge, and began to ask her questions. She shivered, and Fox quickly took off his tuxedo jacket and placed it over her shoulders. Julian did the same. "...I was on my way to the wedding...I don't remember what happened after that..." Tabitha says shakingly. "Dad, we should get Tabitha up and inside the church for warmth," Fox suggested. They both helped her up and slowly walked into the back of the church.

Once inside, Fox helped her sit down on a bench, while Julian looked for something to help keep her dry. Fox looked down and saw that Tabitha was massaging her side. He suspiciously moved her red jacket out of the way and saw nothing, so he just assumed it was something internal. "Dad, can I talk to you in private for a second please?" Fox asked pulling his father away from her. Julian asked him, "What is so important that you pulled me away from Tabith?.." Before he could even finish asking his question, Fox jumped in "I think she has internal injuries that could be life-threatening." Julian immediately shut up. "We need Eve! Now!" Fox insisted, Julian nodded his head and said "you go get Eve very quietly and I'll go keep Tabitha still." They both agreed and went their separate ways. "Tabitha try and be as still as you can," Julian told her; hoping it would work. When she tried to shift pain shot through her whole body. She gripped his arm, leaned her head back, and groaned in pain. "You're going to be just fine. I promise!" Julian said trying to keep her content. "...Julian...what happened to me?.." She asked, trying not to sound in pain. "I'm not sure...Just sit back and try to relax. Eve is coming." Julian asked concerned that she was making matters worse. She kept trying to move, but Julian kept forcing her to lean back until Eve rushed into the back of the church.

Eve ran to Tabitha's side, and also noticed how pale she looked. "Tabitha, how long was outside, unconscious?" Eve asked. "...Umm...I was on my way to the wedding..." Tabitha tiredly replied. Eve looked confused and said "Tabitha, the wedding started twenty minutes ago. You've been outside for at least a half-hour?" Tabitha just shrugged, and Eve continued "you must be freezing?" Eve moved down to the spot where Julian had told her was giving Tabitha the most problems. She raised her shirt a bit and saw signs of internal bleeding. "Julian by the look of it, she has some internal bleeding..." Eve said faster than a lion running through the desert before she gently pressed down on the injury. Tabitha again clutched Julian's arm and groaned in pain even more than the first time. "We need to get her to the hospital now!" Eve proclaimed while also taping a piece of gauze over her head wound. Tabitha tried to say something to Julian, but her eyes drifted down until they were calmly closed.