March 14th, 2004 (1)

Endora had gotten upset at her father because she could tell he was breaking her mom's heart. She made the house shake again and directed a china plate towards the back of her father's head. As it flew through the air she waited until it hit her target. At the last second, he bent over to retrieve something her mother dropped. The plate whizzed straight past her dad and hit her mother directly in the head. Tabitha saw the plate too late and went down. Julian looked up to see Endora have a twinkle in her eye and the tremors suddenly stopped. He heard Tabitha let out a quiet moan and instantly rushed to her side.

She woke up to a pounding in her head. She pushed it away and tried to fight her way up to her feet. "Tabitha! Let me help you?" He asked, while wrapping his arms under her shoulders and helped her stand up. As soon as she was on her feet she swayed. Julian caught her, and carefully led her over to the kitchen table. He got her sitting in a chair, before going to find some ice. She took that time to lean forward and put her head in her hands, resting her elbows against her knees. He asked: "Are you alright? It's like that plate was aimed directly at you." In her head, she thought 'No! I'm pretty sure our daughter was trying to knock you out, but you mortals do a nice thing every once in a while and we get hurt.' She felt Julian tilt her face up a bit, which made her wince.

He gently placed a small ice pack against her forehead, and told her "I'm sorry! Please stay here, while I go call Eve to come check on you." Tabitha started pulling herself up and painfully said: "No, I will not!...Endora and I will be fine...Now that you've broken my heart tonight...please leav...ohhh..." She was caught off by a searing pain in her head and her legs going numb. "Woah!...Please, Tabitha! Now let me call Eve? If not for you then for Endora, PLEASE?" The moment he mentioned Endora, she softened and tearfully asked: "alright...but please don't take my baby away?.." At that moment he truly saw how badly he hurt her. He knew he had broken her heart practically in half, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. Gingerly he took a few steps forward so that he could get her back into the chair. He knelt down next to her and told her "Tabitha...I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you...I was just a worried father after what happened to Jessica! Please forgive me? I would never take Endora away from you, but I was honest in the fact that I want to be more in her life, please?" She lifted her head, let out a wince, brought her hand up to massage her neck, before telling him "Alright...You can visit Endora three days a week...here at the house..." He smiled, put the ice bag back against her head before walking out of the kitchen to call Eve. She told him that she would be over shortly, and he went back to Tabitha's side.

Endora started to fuss, and Tabitha reflexively tried to go to her daughter. Julian kept her in the chair and quickly ran to bring Endora over to them. When he set her down on Tabitha's lap, he saw her snuggle in close. He knew she had a special bond with her mother, but also knew that he would be a good father to her if it killed him. Tabitha wrapped her arm around her daughter and reassured her that she was okay. There was a knock at the kitchen door shortly after, so he ran and answered it.

Eve had arrived, so he pulled her into the kitchen while explaining what happened. When she saw Tabitha holding the ice pack with one hand and rubbing her daughters back with her other hand. Eve set her medical bag on the table, before removing the ice pack to see a nice size bruise and bump. She examined Tabitha's head, while Julan stood by ready for anything. When Eve stood up, she said, "From what I can tell, you have a mild concussion. I recommend you stay off your feet and rest for a couple of days. You'll have a bad headache and some loss of balance for a while. I would feel better if you had someone here to help you for that time." Tabitha leaned her head back and held on tighter to her daughter. Julian spoke up, saying "I'll stay with her!" Tabitha's head shot up, causing her vision to blur and the pain to rage.

Eve replaced the ice pack against her head, before asking "Why Julian?" He looked at Tabitha, hinting that he was going to tell her the truth. "...Julian..." Tabitha weakly pleaded. He mouthed 'i'm sorry' before turning to Eve and saying "I'm staying because Endora is my daughter! and I.." He paused to look back at his two favorite girls before continuing "...I love Tabitha and Endora with all my heart and soul!" Tabitha looked shocked to hear this and pulled her baby closer to her. Eve smiled and told him "That's wonderful Julian! I can see you are happier than you ever have been...Alright, well why don't I hold Endora while you help Tabitha somewhere she can lie down and rest?" He smiled back at her and looked to Tabitha for permission. He saw her gently motion for Eve to take Endora before she reached out her arm towards him. He was quick to wrap one arm around her back, and take hold of her outstretched hand. She was painfully on her feet when Julian suggested: "Let's get you to the couch!" Tabitha leaned her head against his shoulder and willingly let him lead her into the living room. Before they could make it out of the kitchen, her legs went to jelly again. Julian didn't spare another moment and let go of her hand so he could cup it under her knees and lift her off the ground. Tabitha snuggled closer to him.

When they got to the living room, Eve had already set up the pillows so she could be sitting up ever so slightly. Julian gently lowered Tabitha down onto the couch, but it still caused her to let out a moan. He apologized and made sure she was comfortable. Endora started to wiggle out of Eve's embrace which scared Eve. Julian took Endora and gently laid her with her mom. They both watched as she wrapped her arms tightly around her mother. Julian took over holding the ice pack so that she could hold on tight to their baby. Eve went to grab a glass of water and to write out a prescription to help with her headache.

When she came back she found Endora asleep and Tabitha almost asleep. Knowing she has a concussion, she ran to the couch and quickly started: "Tabitha! I need you to stay awake for me okay? You can't fall asleep right now!" Tabitha nodded and fought to keep her eyes open. Julian was quick to ask 'why?' and she told him "She has a concussion...I thought it was minimal, but with how lethargic she is I would feel safer if she was at the hospital." He grasped Tabitha's free hand and saw her barely respond to him. "Alright Tabitha, let's get you to the hospital!" Eve swiftly pulled sleeping Endora into her arms. Julian took off the ice pack and leaned closer in; hoping to talk to her. He said "Tabitha...I'm gonna carry you to the hospital, okay?" She lolled her head towards him and weakly told him: "...Okay..." Not needing anymore, he wrapped his arms under her shoulders and her knees, lifting her into his strong embrace. They all started off towards the hospital when she passed out.

When they arrived at the hospital Eve checked with a nurse to find a free cubicle. Julian was quick to lay her down on a bed, before taking Endora out of Eve's arms, letting her get to work on examining Tabitha. Endora remained asleep and Eve had a nurse usher Julian out. He realized that he had told no one what was happening, but before he could act upon it Kay and Sam came walking through the emergency room. When they saw Julian standing there with Endora, they stopped. "Julian, what are you doing here?" Kay added in "Is Tabitha okay?" He turned to them and said: "There was a tremor at her house and she was hit in the head with a flying plate. Eve thought she was good to stay home and rest, but she wasn't doing so well and we brought her here." They were shocked and decided to stay for a bit.

A couple of minutes later Eve came out and told them "She's stable for now. We are running some tests, but what we do know is that her brain is slowly shutting down..." Julian cut her off by saying "I didn't think the plate hit her that hard! Is she going to be alright?" Eve continued "...I won't know for sure until we get the test results back." Kay rubbed Endora's back and Sam patted Julian on the back. Eve waited for Julian to ask her the one question he hasn't yet. Finally, he asked: "Can I see her?" Eve nodded and let him hand Endora over to Kay, before walking him through the curtains.

He saw his love unconscious; laying so frighteningly still. Leaning in close he whispered "Please don't leave Endora and me! I just told you how I feel about you, and couldn't bear it if I lost you! Please wake up!" Suddenly her breathing changed, the machine readings changed, and he felt her squeeze his hand lightly. He was quick to yell out for Eve or anyone, and they all came running. Kay and Sam stood behind Julian with Endora, while Eve rechecked all the new readings and her vitals. "I don't know what you did Julian, but her brain activity levels are returning to normal! Keep doing whatever you did" Everyone couldn't be happier than they were at that moment.

Tabitha was released from the hospital about 3 days after the incident and was told to stay relaxed. Julian stayed with Tabitha and Kay to help with Endora and to make sure his love was truly alright. Kay was happy to see that her friend seemed happier than she has in a long time.

The End