Brain Storm

Sithara's POV

Today is the big day, am really tensed about the quiz. Its not like the UG quiz i had attended so far,its altogether different cause its like battle of wits between each dept.

The question's are prepared not from our college but from the best of best in each dept from various institutions in the world,our creative team in college conducts the quiz by compiling all the questions and making it a real brainstorm for the audience as well.

It has basically 3 rounds:
1. The prelims where each participant will get a set of questions about his specialising subject , unlike many quiz its not as simple as it looks like, you are supposed to answer all the questions ,and the one who completes first with minimum time limit but maximum correct answers gets selected to next level.
( Only the first 4 are selected from this round and passed onto semifinals).

I have written the first round and am waiting for results, i know i completed soon enough, but am not sure about  number of correct answers though.

......The Results of prelims......

Am not sure its my luck or time was favorable to me , i came second . I can't believe it myself,i had to pinch myself to know am not dreaming,you know.

1.Dr.Roshan - dept of cardiology (16/20 ,time taken 10 mins)
2. Dr. Sithara - dept of general medicine ( 15/20 ,time taken 12 mins)
3.Dr.Ian - dept of paediatrics ( 15/20,time taken 13 mins) and lastly
4.Dr.Josh- dept of ophthalmology
( 14/ 20 ,time taken 13 mins).

No wonder , they praise Dr.Prathap sir cause Roshan is from Cardiology ,me well you know am from which dept and i give zero credits to that jerk and lastly am surprised to see Siddhu's dept is equally competiting as well. If you see in his family ,he is the newbie compared to the other HOD's.

I had few mins break before the semi-finals ,i am anxious yet thrilled at the same time.

2.Semifinals itself has three rounds in it :
a.) Personality quiz :Where each participant gets a chance ,incase they lose it ,its passed onto the next but the choice to attempt the pass question is completely individual's choice cause incase you attend and get it right ,you are awarded with double the points than the original score for that question whereas ,if you go wrong there is negative marking as well ,so its do or die bet like thing.

b.) True or false :Each participant has to attempt it ,its a must unlike last time you don't have a option. If you say true you have to explain why ,if you say false ,you have to explain then too .Incase you get the true or false part right but not the explanation part ,then your score will be calculated accordingly.

c.) Connection : you are supposed to connect a set of pictures and correlate each clue and find the final answer.

The semifinals was on full swing, on today's event cause even the audience gets to answer some pass questions if none of the participants are willing to dare. It was the most buzzing event of the quiz both literally and figuratively.

Once again ,i successfully cleared this round with me as usual in the second spot ,( i dont know what link me and the number two spot had in previous life cause i always end up in second place) after a tight neck from other two who got eliminated but Roshan ,never once let his first place down through out the event now.

We had few mins break before the  finale cause this is an unique event which is our institute special .So far all the rounds and questions were based on each participant( i.e)PG's individual dept based questions,but right now its going to real battle of wits between two depts where Rohan's dept and my dept.

This round aims on testing the individual beyond their scope .The participant has to answer a question which will be throwed by the opponent dept's HOD regarding their subject and not of yours, if your able to crack it then you will be announced the ultimate winner cause you are going beyond your league to answer something out of your box.

So , basically this the most toughest round i have ever encountered .

I was busy on my thoughts when someone interrupted me saying "Don't bite your finger too in tension" , that's when i realised i have been biting my nails as usual its a bad habit of mine whenever i am tensed or anxious .

" If you can't motivate,its fine but don't irritate me in moments like this"saying this i walked onto the stage,that jerk ,he makes a walking dragon each time we engage in conversation.

Hey readers ,its just a insight about the quiz ,i didn't want to get too much into the details of the questions because i feel this itself is overdone. What do you think about the quiz and will Sithara win against Roshan by the way ,'Who is this Roshan ? .'
Please do comment your opinion and don't forget to vote. Next update is coming soon, its going to be a big plot suprise , don't miss it, oops spoiler alert .