The Mystery Ring

Abhimanyu POV

"So its true then, you are not Anu ma'am's -

" Yes" i spoke cutting her off. I know seeing her shocked expression she didn't expect that answer.Anyways next is my turn to question her & i so badly wanted to know what was her intention and why is she accepting my proposal so easily.

But before i could question someone pushed open the door and since she was standing so close to it she fell on me and i had to balance us both from not falling.

" Oh my poor eyes, you guys are not even married yet, now even started all the naughty stuff i see " spoke Siddharth as usual in his dramatic tone.

Sithara realised the position we both are standing which looked quite intimate from where he is standing so she pushed herself off me and spoke" Its not what it looks like"

But Siddhu being Siddhu smirked and replied" I knew it,you two love birds would be romancing somewhere that's why i came to find you guys"

" What are you saying Sidhhu its not-

Sithara tried explaining once more but Siddhu cut her saying
" Save the excuses,everyone is calling you both downstairs. Anyways,you both have lot more important explanations to give us" he shot me a look which said 'you better be prepared for what's about to happen'before going down.

As soon as we both reached downstairs i knew we both are gonna be getting lot of scolding since my family was assembled here looking ready to roost me especially, so i mentally prepared for the outburst.

But surprisingly their response which they showed was not the one I expected, I never once predicted even in my dreams i swear.

They all congratulated me & Sithara first saying they are so happy for us and our decision.

" But Abhimanyu am deeply disappointed in you for doing things hastily "Grandpa spoke in a stern manner, before i could respond, Mom also scolded me saying" Yes even am unhappy with you,this is not how i raised you. You didn't propose to her or ask her opinion like a gentleman .You just told the whole media just like that without consulting any of us"

" Bro why in such hurry,its not like our dear Sis- in- law gonna run somewhere" Siddhu too exclaimed his dislike in this matter in a joking manner.

" No actually we-
Before i could explain Grandpa spoke again cutting me off
" We are all angry with you, we are not ready to hear your talk young man,save it .We are going to ask the innocent girl standing here,whom you have thrown in this mess. Look at her she looks so uncomfortable." Sithara innocent, i scoffed internally.

Just then i realised since we reached downstairs Sithara hasn't spoke one word which is unusual of her. I looked at her and she really looks pale just like grandpa told. So i took her hands and gave it a squeeze reassuring her that we are in this together.

Seeing me holding her hands mom focused on her hand which is entwined with mine and questioned me" You didn't even bother to give her an engagement ring but you went ahead saying she is your fiance, how stupid of you"

" Yes boy, what you did is wrong.
You need to give her a ring and proposal to make matters right. How can i let my own grandson treat my future grand daughter in law this way?" Grandpa too voiced his discomfort.

" No Sir, its okay for now,besides we are not planning to get married immediately" Sithara spoke defensively for the first time on our side.

" What do you mean by, you guys are not getting married soon" Mom exclaimed

" Aunty you see i have to discuss with my family first moreover i have to finish my pg." Sithara spoke trying to make sense here from her side.

" Oh you need not worry about all that dear we can convince your family easily. Who actually wouldn't be happy to marry our Abhi." Mom told her as if its not a big deal at all.

" As for your studies you can continue even after marriage. We will completely support you." grandpa too joined the conversation.

" No,not only those two reasons you see, i have an elder sis who is yet to be married. How can i marry before her?" Sithara tried once again to make them understand.

" No issues am ready to marry your sis Ananya anytime,so that won't be a issue" suddenly Siddhu spoke making us all aware that he is here too.

" Siddhu stop with your antics am being serious here" Sithara chastised him

" No Sithu am being serious too" Siddharth told with a smirk.I felt like puking hearing them call each other in nickname,am still not used to it. More than that am shocked seeing his confession about marrying her sis, even if it is a funny remark something definitely fishy here i wondered.

" Siddhu stop! Sithara we can take care of all issues.For now we are just asking to exchange rings not marry each other." Mom explained as if talking to kids.

" But mom,where will we go for proper ring right now, we can have an official engagement later"i tried to put this matter off but to my suprise,

" Who said we don't have proper ring, here it is." saying this Dad entered.

" Dad when did you come from trip?"i asked him.

" Kishore you are back.When did you return?Why didn't you call any of us? Mom too questioned dad.

" Soon enough to know my son's engagement is happening without me . Anyways all interrogations later .Just continue what you guys were planning to do. Here is the ring and i give my full consent to this. Moreover you see,It belonged to someone special known to me" saying all this he winked at Sithara.

But before me Sithara looked as though she has seen a ghost and she might faint anytime soon.

Seeing her condition, i quickly took decision in my hands " Am sorry on my behalf but i think my fiance deserves a proper engagement and i will giver her one. Already i made lot of mistakes in haste,i don't want to commit the same now,also.And if you can excuse us for few minutes, i need to talk to Sithara about this,to hear her opinion"

Saying all this in one go, i pulled her with me without giving a chance for anyone to speak. As soon as i entered the room,i closed the door & question her
" What's wrong?"

She just kept blinking her eyes in shock as if she can't believe what is happening. After few seconds she quickly  turned to me & asked " Who is that uncle, is he your Dad i mean Anu ma'am's husband" she spoke in haste.

" Yes but why are you asking me that?" I asked trying to understand her.

" You don't get it, how can i explain to you now.I got the proof for the information am seeking" she spoke in riddles,it looked like more to herself than me right now.

" What proof? What information?"

" Don't you get it, the ring Kishore uncle showed us now is the key to all my questions"she exclaimed.

" What are you saying?"

"Its all proved now , yes! You see my sister/ bestie whatever you can call it,i mean Mrinalini is your own sis and she is your Dad's daughter i guess if my assumptions are right." She blabbered & spoke asthough she solved something big.

" What nonsense are you uttering and who is that Mrinalini?"

Hey readers hope you are all doing good .
I hope you all enjoyed the update as much i loved writing it.

"Who is Mrinalini?"

"And what do you think about Dr.Kishore( Abhimanyu's Dad intro)

Plz do vote and comment .

See you guys in next update until then
                        _ Love you all!.