7. Would you like to go on a date with me?

The week after Melbourne didn't feel as cheery, in the office, as the weeks after winter testing did. Pietro had worked hard on the social channels, to maintain a certain level of engagement, but the fans, like the drivers, weren't impressed.

'They seem to like you, though' Pietro told her, as he scrolled the timeline of the official twitter account.

'can you blame them?' she joked, as she read a couple of tweets.

'The most interesting thing Ferrari has done this year is hiring someone who can give Rosberg some sass back'

'apparently she used to kart too, maybe she can give them some pointers' she read, out loud. 'wow, they have a higher opinion of me than my family does' she laughed. 'my mum called me after Melbourne to ask me why i didn't get a better and more flattering haircut and dad only called me to talk to Charles.' She told Pietro.

'Damn.' He laughed.

Valeria walked out of the office on Friday, ready to travel to Bahrain the following Monday. The PR and marketing schedule was already quite busy and she couldn't wait for another race week. She walked into her bedroom and checked that all of her uniform was clean, dry and ironed. She placed it in the open luggage in her spare room and went to the kitchen. She looked into her fridge, to realise she had nothing. She checked the time, she had just enough time to drive to a nearby shopping centre that was open later than the other shops of the small town. 'damn I miss London in days like this' she thought, grabbing her car keys. She opened the door to her flat, to be hit in the face by a hand.

'Ma che cazzo?!'she exclaimed.

'oh my god, vale, I'm so sorry!' Seb told her, as he walked her back into the flat. 'oh god, sorry' he repeated as she tilted her head back, checking for blood on her nose. 'I... the doorbell... it didn't work, I was about to knock as you... are you ok?' he asked worried.

'yeah, I'm peachy' she told him. 'I'm not bleeding, am I?' She asked him.

'let me see' he told her, lifting her chin. 'no you're OK, I'm so sorry' he repeated.

'it's fine, it's not your fault' she replied. 'what are you doing here?'

'I'm here to take you on a date' he replied. 'at my place, before your eyes explode out of your skull.' He added, as she looked at him shocked. 'We have been sneaking around for a month now, in a normal situation I would have taken you out to dinner more than once.. but, well, we know what we're doing, I don't have to explain it to you. So... would you like to come on a date with me?' he asked, in his usual polite manner.

'Sure. Do I need to change? Is this a fancy date? I mean, you're an f1 star, I guess I'll have to dress up?'she asked.

'you're fine as you are.' He smiled. 'I am only planning on getting you out of clothes' he smirked, making her blush.

'alright, Casanova. Let's go, then' she told him., grabbing her bag and her keys. 'am I driving there myself?'

'no, I'll give you a lift back' he told her, as she put her car keys back on the hook by the door.

They left her flat and got in Seb's car. 'will we go on the motorway? Will you finally get this poor baby up to at least 130?' she asked, nodding to car.

'Yeah, but not for long' he said, as he joined the motorway.

'you know, if you wanted not to attract attention we should have used my car.' She told him, as she noticed someone else look into the car curious, dropping their jaw as soon as they realised who was driving. Valeria had wrapped her face into her black hoodie, hoping nobody would see her.