16. The calm and the storm

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the votes and the reads, they are all very much appreciated! x

'Good morning, handsome' Valeria said, walking into the bedroom with a tray. 'I made you breakfast'

'good morning, Schatzi' he smiled, pulling himself up. 'danke schön'

'You know you're even more handsome when you speak German?' she smirked.

'oh yeah?'

'yeah. Who would've thought? I mean you're pretty handsome generally. And not in the way you describe Lewis' she mocked him.

'shut up' he laughed, starting to drink his coffee. 'what are we doing today? It's the last day'

'I have seen this great hiking trail not too far from here. It gets you up to this pretty lake in the middle of the mountains'

'But you hate hiking!'

'and you love it. We can do something you like for once' she smiled. It was true, she never liked walking for the sake of it, but Seb being born and raised in Germany he had always loved being outdoors. 'and I'm hoping I get brownie points and extra cuddles for tonight' she added.

'you don't even have to work hard for that' Seb smiled, as he ate his breakfast.

'so where do we need to go?' Seb asked, as they got out of the cabin.

'just down here. Follow the river down for a few kilometres and then we should get to the lake'

'should? Should I bring a compass?' Seb joked.

'No, it's 2019. We can use our phones' she mocked him. 'Old man' she laughed.

'I don't like this tone, missy!' he told her, pretending to be stern. She smiled as they started walking down the trail. It was beautiful, surrounded by tall trees, no noise could be heard except birds chirping and animals running around, rustling around the bushes. A couple of hours later they arrived at the lake. The midday sun glistening on the top of the lake, the warmth of it reverberating off the ground.

Valeria leaned on one of the rails, taking in the beautiful scenery.

'this is beautiful, amore' Seb told her. He had just taken a picture of her, standing in the sun. Her dark skin looking even more golden in the light, her auburn hair up in a ponytail, shining. She was so beautiful.

'I'm glad you like it' she replied. Seb started walking around the lake, taking pictures. Valeria decised to snap a picture of him. He looked so at peace with himself, she was happy she had managed to make him feel a bit better, just before his birthday.

She walked over to him, as he was sitting on a cut down tree trunk, taking a few more pictures.

'do you mind if I post a picture?' she asked him

'as long as you tell everyone I'm amazing, sure' he joked. He didn't love social media, but he knew Valeria did use it a bit.

She smiled, as she wrote a caption for her picture. 'enjoying some hiking before hitting the road again. Who would have known the mountains could be as pretty as the seaside? I guess the company is alright too.'

She showed the caption to Seb making him smirk. 'Are you good to head back? I'm getting hungry now' she asked him.

'sure. Let's just take a picture together first.' He said, taking out his phone. Valeria smiled to the camera, as she rested her head on Seb's shoulder. It still felt surreal for her how much her life had changed since she joined the Maranello team. Seb offered her his hand to help her up and they started heading back home.